On horn quest dont want to progress to or past, A Blade in the Dark yet.

skyquest32

I'm on the Horn quest for grey beards which I put off for a very long time...stuck at those ridiculious closing gates tring to shout sprint past them, (gave up for a stress break and saved there) read walkthrough and it seems the main quest is non stop after you go back to riverwood.

I dont want to finish the main quest in one day. Would rather return the horn, learn final word in force shout be reciqnized as a dragon and go about my busness for a while.

However delphine wants you to follow her I read, and if you do that, the stupid dragon will start ressurecting dead dragons everywhere and force the game to end if you dont continue from what they say. They also say it stops dragons from spawning except for some, on uspn or whatever that skyrim help site is, Confused on that a bit.

How do I return the horn and postpone messing with the audre dragon in blade quest? Wheres a good stopping point so I can finish later?

will the innkeeper wait for me or be upset if I tell, her not now lady I'm busy or something?

Also is there a cheat mod to get past the gates like there was one on nexus to add a Blood extraction room full of bodies to septim outpost for vampire quests in dawnguard?

Edit: Nvm about mod part found:Ustengrav gate removal on Nexus mods! Two versions! If this works going to reccomend it to help people. Games should be fun, not frustrating btw, with keyboard controls and needing to equip spells and select powers, this should not be a agility game rather Adventurer/RP.

I had the same problem on rift mmo getting to a npc in quest where you enter peoples minds, and need to somehow jump up to the npc took 4 hours. However I could play Mask of eternity and black flip jump platforms over lava no prob. Odd huh?

Just don't meet Delphine if you don't want to do the main quest. They won't get mad even if you don't show up for a year.

If I dont meet her I wont get the horn and quest might get stuck. Also not recignized by greybreads and the guards will keep saying the dragonborn summoned and stuff that happened ages ago. This will finaly shut them up about the greybeards and wondering if such a thing could really be, who amongst us and so on. They will know its me..

Dark Brotherhood rant..................................................................................

I have got to run around on my wolf and do the quests of all the people the dark brotherhood will tell me to kill before I do so, or otherwise the consequinces mayprove dire, like not becoming thane of riften. Also got to balence Doing the Imperal civil war quests with killing the emperor,

I will do that I supose after DB, though why I would do such a thing I dont know. I really dont want to harm the emperor and destablise skyrim, why not ulfrec? He killed the king for crying out loud... But need to to do DB.

Personaly though that seems wrong like harming nestine on the first real quest DB gives. It is however optional and I dont think I will, the begger dont mind so much though, and the dude that abadoned that woman and carelessly messed her life up deserves what he gets.

However the woman tries to go too far with that poor shatersheild woman... though knowing skyrim shes probobly also up to something nasty. I would not have picked most of these people for DB targets...and dont like to harm women, children or passive animals.

The guards will never shut up. That's just how they are. I remember I just left getting the horn from Delphine for like 30 levels before I bothered. The quest won't get stuck. I don't know where you get that idea. But that's just how Elder Scrolls games work. You can drop quests and the middle and nothing bad will happen. There's no time limit to finishing quests.

The guards will never shut up. That's just how they are. I remember I just left getting the horn from Delphine for like 30 levels before I bothered. The quest won't get stuck. I don't know where you get that idea. But that's just how Elder Scrolls games work. You can drop quests and the middle and nothing bad will happen. There's no time limit to finishing quests.

Thank you, and thereby no issues with rampaging dragons.

I have esstienal npcs protected via popular mod but I really dont want the rest of them to die. I guess guards respawn, and you can console res people I hear but why go around doing this? RP wise your character really might ought not to do that anyway. Unless you treat it like a mmo paliidan rez and no one really dies for the sake of gameplay not involving lore .

Since you yourself did this and it is all I have to go on ,I will leave it at that and just do the same. Google has been unhelpful here.

Just so you know, once you've killed the dragon at the westwern watchtower then you will get random dragon spawns. Sometimes they happen in and around cities and sometimes people die. That's just the way the game goes. As others have said, there's never any point that you can't just put the main quest on hold for however long you'd like. But you've passed the trigger for dragon spawns. If you've got the mod that sets extra npc's involved in quests as essential, then you really have nothing to worry about.

Here's what I do for storytelling and immersion purposes: I meet Delphine to get the horn. Then, I let her talk until she gets to the point in the conversation where she says "I need to make sure I can trust you." To which I choose the response, "How do I know I can trust you?" She answers, "If you don't trust me, you were a fool to walk in here in the first place." It's there that I terminate the conversation and leave. After all, she's the one interfering with my Dragonborn training with her cloak and dagger act and she's calling MY trustworthiness into question? I chalk it up to arrogance on her part and leave so I can return the horn and get around to the Main Quest whenever I feel like it.

Here's what I do for storytelling and immersion purposes: I meet Delphine to get the horn. Then, I let her talk until she gets to the point in the conversation where she says "I need to make sure I can trust you." To which I choose the response, "How do I know I can trust you?" She answers, "If you don't trust me, you were a fool to walk in here in the first place." It's there that I terminate the conversation and leave. After all, she's the one interfering with my Dragonborn training with her cloak and dagger act and she's calling MY trustworthiness into question? I chalk it up to arrogance on her part and leave so I can return the horn and get around to the Main Quest whenever I feel like it.

That would be nice but that might tick her off, skyrim is pretty realistc. You know how a dude with a stolen object runs up with you while your out hunting as a werewolf? Then a hunter comes up and ask if you have seen the theif? If you misclick and lie to him you have no opertunity to then tell the truth or say anything diffrent even if you click him again to finish this odd little quest.

One time I was doing the totem quest with the huntress, and we arived at the site and there were these hunters hunting a stag, I did not not know what to do about them they would not hold still so I could talk to them.

The walkthrough said kill enemies around the site, so I assumed I was just supossed to kill and eat them which I did. When I returned to whiterun it was under attack by vigilants even though I had hostilty turned off. I astill completed the quest with extream diffucuty, but now that I think on it, that was probobly a mistake if not coenedence. I assumed the hunters only did not attack because of mod.

I used to just take the horn from Delphine and leave. Then I created my own personal mod that change the story so that she never even steals the horn. (Instead she sends a note through the courier system a few days after I've retrieved the horn.) That change is part of my "Do Not Rush Me" project to slow down the pace of various quests in the game and remove idiotic and arbitrary leaps of logic.

I used to just take the horn from Delphine and leave. Then I created my own personal mod that change the story so that she never even steals the horn. (Instead she sends a note through the courier system a few days after I've retrieved the horn.) That change is part of my "Do Not Rush Me" project to slow down the pace of various quests in the game and remove idiotic and arbitrary leaps of logic.

Yeah, then if that works maybe I'm overthinking this. Probobly you could tab out of the conversation and she would still be standing there waiting the following year when I come back, and whatever you tell her means nothing because the game wont let this quest fail under any cercomstances because its absolutly required. I was not sure of this but I had hoped. I mean maybe you cant really fail skyrim unless you stop playing. Maybe there is always a way to do it. Its possible the quests you can fail or close off, are only the ones that are optional. It would be nice to think so.

As for dragons I meant more dragons because of Audre and the barial mounds. Not just the ocsasional weak dragon but many powerful ones once you turn in the horn and do the innkeepers quest.