On horn quest dont want to progress to or past, A Blade in the Dark yet.

skyquest32

Yeah, then if that works maybe I'm overthinking this. Probobly you could tab out of the conversation and she would still be standing there waiting the following year when I come back, and whatever you tell her means nothing because the game wont let this quest fail under any cercomstances because its absolutly required. I was not sure of this but I had hoped. I mean maybe you cant really fail skyrim unless you stop playing. Maybe there is always a way to do it. Its possible the quests you can fail or close off, are only the ones that are optional. It would be nice to think so.

As for dragons I meant more dragons because of Audre and the barial mounds. Not just the ocsasional weak dragon but many powerful ones once you turn in the horn and do the innkeepers quest.

The level of the dragons you encounter is tied to your own level, and nothing else. As you get stronger, so will the dragons you meet.

I don't know where you got the idea that the main quest is non stop, it's not. Having Alduin start ressurecting dragons has very little impact. You will very rarely see him hovering over a dragon mound in the distance. If you investigate, a dragon will burst out and attack you, while he flies away. If you keep your distance, nothing. Your game won't end if you ignore him, nothing will change.

As for the Dark Brotherhood: The things you're worried about also don't happen

If you're worried about people dieing in dragon attacks, get this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23906/?

While it's easy to just walk away, from a role-playing perspective that really isn't an option. It's why I go the opposite direction from Riverwood after leaving Helgen cave.

The Dragons aren't my problem (yet)

I don't need to hole up in Riverwood

I don't need to put Riverwood citizens in danger anyway for harboring a fugitive (even though I shouldn't be anyway)

I want to get as far away from Imperial controlled territory as possible - since they are the ones likely looking for me

I'd feel pretty stupid showing up at the Greybeards door a year later with the Horn when they told me EXACTLY where to go and even marked it on my map for me so I wouldn't forget...... Could only imagine what they'd be thinking ("Tamriel is in deep kimchi if this guy has to save us.....")

While it's easy to just walk away, from a role-playing perspective that really isn't an option. It's why I go the opposite direction from Riverwood after leaving Helgen cave.

The Dragons aren't my problem (yet)

I don't need to hole up in Riverwood

I don't need to put Riverwood citizens in danger anyway for harboring a fugitive (even though I shouldn't be anyway)

I want to get as far away from Imperial controlled territory as possible - since they are the ones likely looking for me

I'd feel pretty stupid showing up at the Greybeards door a year later with the Horn when they told me EXACTLY where to go and even marked it on my map for me so I wouldn't forget...... Could only imagine what they'd be thinking ("Tamriel is in deep kimchi if this guy has to save us.....")

Which is why I use alternate start.

Yeah, then if that works maybe I'm overthinking this. Probobly you could tab out of the conversation and she would still be standing there waiting the following year when I come back, and whatever you tell her means nothing because the game wont let this quest fail under any cercomstances because its absolutly required. I was not sure of this but I had hoped. I mean maybe you cant really fail skyrim unless you stop playing. Maybe there is always a way to do it. Its possible the quests you can fail or close off, are only the ones that are optional. It would be nice to think so.

As for dragons I meant more dragons because of Audre and the barial mounds. Not just the ocsasional weak dragon but many powerful ones once you turn in the horn and do the innkeepers quest.

The level of the dragons you encounter is tied to your own level, and nothing else. As you get stronger, so will the dragons you meet.

I don't know where you got the idea that the main quest is non stop, it's not. Having Alduin start ressurecting dragons has very little impact. You will very rarely see him hovering over a dragon mound in the distance. If you investigate, a dragon will burst out and attack you, while he flies away. If you keep your distance, nothing. Your game won't end if you ignore him, nothing will change.

As for the Dark Brotherhood: The things you're worried about also don't happen

If you're worried about people dieing in dragon attacks, get this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23906/?

On the subject of temp leaving off and changing course at certain points in the game, yours is actully the most helpful post. Back when I made this thread this was the exact awnser I was looking for, and may prove useful to others as well.

The main quest line will never force you into completing it in one day. You can return the Delphine, get the horn, and tell her to sod off if you want. She'll wait for you until you are ready. Then you can return to the Grey Beards. But even still, assuming you follow Dephine to fight the dragon, it won't make a diff. You can always pause between sections of the main quest and work at your own pace. I will do a segment, then go off and quest for a day or so, then come back and chip off another chunk of the main quest. The thing I like about it is that you can complete it at your own pace. And because I run so many tough dragon mods and make combat extra deadly... I won't be able to complete the main quest at low level, even if I wanted to.

The problem is that while you can technically go at your own pace, almost every NPC is telling you that dealing with those quests is URGENT! If you don't do it RIGHT NOW, the WORLD WILL END! And they mean that literally. So unless you're playing someone very cynical or self-absorbed and clueless it is hard to justify just wandering away from that quest line.

The best logical pause for me is to get mad at Delphine for being so arrogant. After refusing to deal with her I can go back to the Greybeards who send me out to find word walls instead of rushing me like everyone else.

The guild quest lines and sheer number of quests that get shoved as you as soon as you enter a city have that same problem of pacing. Everything is presented to you at once and almost everything is urgent. And it seems like every guard I meet has a story about some bandit camp or other problem nearby. The pacing in this game is seriously off for role-playing.

A creative rper can find many solutions, create usual conditions and situations, in a world like skyrim there is a lot of potential play in the line of reality and what is ooc, if the right things happen. As long as one dose not resort to a Deus ex machina without it truly applying to the situation in question which in skyrim is actually possible. I was more concerned with game limitations and am pleased there seem to be few in regards order and timing.