Staff Casting Animations

Pitt90

Heyas Pitt :)

Buddy of mine is throwing together a piece of work for me on a how to as far as the actual DA files need to be edited. (We were discussing it just last night, actually).

Tho the animation cropping may still be an issue as I havent yet found an animator for the job. I "might" end up taking a stab at it myself, I've looked into a tutorial or two for it, but we'll just have to see how well I can get used to working in blender, and how well it takes to the import/export scripts.

But yeah, still on it ;) And hopefully will have some time for it over the weekend (my gf has her kid this weekend, so I'll be home this weekend) if vet gets the info typed up for me :)

Awesome, sounds good. This is starting to sound like a job! LOL ... sorry for that. I'm just an advanced user, so know nothing about the programming/graphics end, but is there really no way to just like ... override the code so that the staff animations default to the melee weapon ones? Or is the code writing more complicated than that? Forgive my naivete! :)

Pitt- LOL yeah, sometimes modding can be a chore. One that BioWare didnt make very easy, with the way that the DA game engine is built.

There IS a file (somewhere in there) that controls which animations are used. If/when I find that file, I'll be looking to see where it finds the variables to see if it can be done to change them over to the "weaponed" anims. Yup yup.

which would probably be an "alpha/beta" version of it (in my mind). But for me, it wouldnt be a good mod, unless you gave people options, such as using some of the other anims as optional choices ;)

But for me, it wouldnt be a good mod, unless you gave people options, such as using some of the other anims as optional choices ;)

Darn you and your overachieverness. ;) I just want rid of the staff casting animations, I'll take the non-good mod option! :D

Kidding. I appreciate you wanting to make this right, if it can be done. I am salivating though, as I'm almost finished with my run-thru with my rogue character. ;)

Ugh. I hate to say it, but I havent had time. :(

Between job hunting, my new duties here, school, and my new gf... time has been a luxury that I havent had :(

I really, really am sorry. I dunno if I'm gonna be able to squeeze it in or not. But hopefully somebody else will see it and give it a go.

It IS something that I'd still like to see accomplished, and something that I would like to look more into. I just havent been able to get to it :(

Ah, well, thanks for letting me know. It's certainly not your duty, but it doesn't look like anyone else is really interested in doing it either. I certainly understand that RL takes precedence, and I'm grateful that you were even remotely interested. I wish I was even minorly technologically inclined but unfortunately it's beyond my skill-set. I certainly wish Bioware had made the staff casting animations more interesting, as I think they're generally awful (although the unarmed/melee animations aren't bad), but that's not your fault! :)

As it is, I'll just have to suck it up, or use a Spellweaver all the time! :)

Thanks anyway, and thanks again for being so attentive to the postings. I truly appreciate it.

Question for you Darke. Since you don't think you'll be able to do it, and no one else on this forum seems to be interested in taking it on, do you know any other places where I might be able to post to see if anyone else would take it on? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Well, I honestly do wish that I could get into this project. It would be very interesting to see what could be come up with. :D

You might try over at social.bioware http://social.bioware.com/ in their forums. Its the official company site, and they have a larger modding community there, than we do here. Tho I wouldnt mention here on there tho. For some reason of late, they've had an attitude towards the nexus that I dont really understand. :confused: