Messed Up Physics, Flying Objects and Flickering Water

grolschhorne

Hi Guys,

Please can someone help me!!!.

I have a pretty heavily modded game of Skyrim going on with approx 154 mods running at present, but as the game progresses it seems to have developed a pretty huge issue with its physics system. I have used these mods together in a previous install and never had this issue, and so I am at a loss as to why now suddenly it has started and appears to be getting worse.

The first thing i noticed was that whenever I go for a swim inside a cave or a dungeon, the water seems to suddenly jerk from being inside and outside the water as you are swimming. No matter how deep you go, it seems to clip from being on land to swimming as you move forward. This only happens when you have entered a building and there is a body of water inside. If I swim on the main landscape, I do not have the issue at all. Mostly this one can be avoided, but in some ruins where swimming is mandatory to continue it can be pretty nautious as you end up with a strobing effect as you move through the water.

The second thing that has started to happen and is most definitely getting worse is that when you enter most houses, you can hear items moving of their own accord. It tends to be when there are a number of items stacked, such as apples in a cauldron and they kind of "bounce" on top of each other without you even being near to them. I have noticed in many houses now that as you are walking around things will just fly off of shelves and sometimes even hurt you as though it had been projected by something. This is beginning to get really frustrating as you can almost always hear something moving whenever you enter a building.

The final part of this issue also seems to only happen inside buildings, and is kind of linked to the flying objects. Basically; if something is near to a door and you open that door, whatever is nearby will be catapulted across the room. An example of this is the cells inside Rannveigs Fast where some of the cells have dead bodies in them. Every time I opened a cell, the body went flying behind me and sometimes through the wall. This is not just happening every now and then, it is literally happening every time I open a door. It also happens to chests too.

A friend of mine told me to try turning off Vsync in my NVIDIA control panel, which I tried but it did not solve the issue. I have tried the game with Vsync both enabled and disabled in the geforce control panel and these issues seem to happen regardless.

I am at a complete loss as to why this is happening on this install, and would appreciate any hints, tips or tricks that anyone could give me in the hopes of fixing these issues. Skyrim is an awesome game, but everytime I run the program at the moment I am just getting so frustrated with these bugs that it's ruining the experience for me and I end up playing something else. If any info is required I will be more than happy to provide it too, but I am not sure what to post here and so don't want to scare off anyone who may potentially have a solution. If you need to know something, please just ask and I will get it asap.

I really hope someone can help me with this issue, and would really, really appreciate any advice you could provide.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

Grolschhorne

Ok Thanks guys.

V-sync is definitely on in GEFORCE settings, and the skyrimprefs .ini is already showing iPresentInterval=1

I am not sure what my FPS is when in game, or how to check it to be honest, but my enblocal file is showing :-

[LIMITER]

WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0
Even with these setting I am still getting the same physics issues. Do you guys have any further info as to what I should be looking for?
Many Thanks for taking the time to help, I really do appreciate it.

Not sure if this will help you but I was having some similar issues. It turned out that at some point my husband changed my monitor's resolution from 60 hertz to 144 hertz without mentioning it. I put it back to 60 which I guess limits the fps to 60 as well and haven't had an issue since. Was driving me nuts for a good few days though.

To enable the FPS limit at 60 you need these in the enblocal.ini. Try them and see if that helps.

[LIMITER]
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=60.0

Thanks for the info. This has made the issues better but has not completely fixed it. If I brush past something in a house, it still reacts like it has been hit by a truck and will catapult across the room, but at least things aren't bouncing as soon as I walk in now. I am a little perplexed though, as my monitor specs confirmed to me that it can only handle 60hz, and yet Skyrim must have been getting more somehow. Anyway, that is an issue for another discussion I guess.

I will try the game for a day or two with this change and see if things settle down and it becomes playable. Thanks for you advice, and if you can think of anything else to try I would be more than willing to give it a shot.

Thanks again.

it Could be that the game is just confused at this point, for one you have..>>iPresentInterval=1 in BOTH skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini. It only belongs in one>>Skyrimprefs.ini. Generating NEW ini files may help.

Cant check your ENBlocal.ini..it was removed.

I found Skyrim to play best with this setup...(144HZ Monitor)

Disable Skyrims VSync (iPresentInterval=0)

Disable ENB FPS limiter & VSync.

Use NVidia's CP To setup your VSync. ( i am currently using... "ON (smooth)" w/ triple buffering / SLI / Threaded Optimizations / Adaptive / single display,and Skyrim runs perfect.

or use the "Half Refresh" setting for VSync in NVidia CP its a little jerky with SLI tho..

EDIT: I should note I added Texture mods and raised settings in ENB till my 2 580's could only hold 50FPS with NO Vsync enabled at all...lol...then turned on VSync in Nvidia . :smile: Extreme battles tend to get a little slugish..(30 FPS) still playable tho.

Edited by camaro_69_327