falloutprefs.ini becoming supersized...?

newhampshirean

I just encountered the strangest problem while using Mod Organizer (although I cannot necessarily connect the two).

I'm going through a "fresh" install, and after some routine playtesting, I went to adjust my ini settings through Mod Organizer. Only once I selected the ini button, MO stopped responding for a good four or five minutes before returning a "bad allocation" error. After a little tinkering--deleting/restoring inis and such--I realized what was probably causing the error/timeout...

My falloutprefs.ini (in my MO profile), which should be ~21kb in size, was 88,612kb!!! :sick:

Upon inspection, it seems to have near infinitely reproduced a few groups of entries.

Has anyone encountered something like this before, or have any idea what the cause may be?

I highly doubt it's something Mod Organizer did, and I've never encountered this issue before in seven years of modding Bethesda games. The only thing I could think of is User Interface Organizer, as I know that dynamically makes adjustments to the fallout.ini. However, according to its logs, it doesn't seem to touch the prefs ini, so I'm not so sure that UIO is the culprit (which is why I posted here).

Obviously restoring the ini isn't that difficult, but I'd like to eliminate the problem altogether if possible. It could also be indicative of further problems yet to be detected.