Comic Book Radio Serials?

theDemonJackal

I am actaully really insterested in one or two of these comics becoming part of the serials.

Hell's Chain Gang could follow a bunch of criminals who escaped from hell and are being hunted down by demon bounty Hunters.

The Inspector could follow a sherlock holmes like character....and his trusty robot sidekick Wattz (That just sounds either awesome or corny to me. I just like the idea)

Kid Wacky could be Like Rick and Morty style adventures. (That just sounds awesome to me)

I am drawing a blank on what to do with the other comics.

As for the Grognak villains. I was thinking of having the serial run with like a legion of doom esque group trying to kill grognak. And stating that this will be his greatest battle yet.

Basicially, I would just want this to be a simple radio station that plays the serials. Nothing too extreme.

Hmm I wonder if Jangles would have actual dialog.? . . . That would be tricky voicing a chimpanzee I would think unless he can speak like Caesar or Koba from Planet of The Apes. It would probably be a challenge I would think.

For sure, Lassie had a radio show for years (found it out doing a bit of research for a Rex mod). Not to be snarky, but most animal characters can't speak (the other characters fill in the context).

Its a sci fi show, so he can speak. Thats kinda why I originally saw Cosmo as something of a headstrong adventurer, so Jingles would be a calculated intellegent chimp...that can talk.

It's a surprising direction to go, but it sounds like it could be hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

So I started writing out some of the serials and mixing several sci-fi elements to make two versions of Captain Cosmo. One has the humorous dim-witted adventurer and the other has him more of an indiana jones in space.

Hell's Chain Gang follows a group of souls as the attempt to escape the nine circles of hell. More a thriller than an adventure story.

The Inspector was a doctor who meets sherlock kind of thing. Strange mysteries solved by an impulsive collected intellegent idiot and his robotic assistant. (Wattz) This serial follows the Inspector and Wattz trying to figure out why there are reports of the dead rising in good old London.

Kid Whacky is still unwritten

I am still working on Grognak and some of the other characters dialogue, but otherwise enjoying how its comeing along.

on the net, you can find free copies of hours of "The Shadow" , "the Lone Ranger" and other radio shows. I'm pretty sure they are now public domain. Download some of them, put them through audacity edit the file down to each individual episode, convert and add to a created radio channel. so you have a mix of the old shows with the "Modern."

The Mojave Desert Entertainment channel, all the old stories, all the time. Join us each Saturday for the midnight monster madness hour Hosted by Captain Fallout and Dr. Ghoul.

Actually I like this idea. Cant wait to see a finished mod.

Edited by JoKelly

on the net, you can find free copies of hours of "The Shadow" , "the Lone Ranger" and other radio shows. I'm pretty sure they are now public domain. Download some of them, put them through audacity edit the file down to each individual episode, convert and add to a created radio channel. so you have a mix of the old shows with the "Modern."

The Mojave Desert Entertainment channel, all the old stories, all the time. Join us each Saturday for the midnight monster madness hour Hosted by Captain Fallout and Dr. Ghoul.

Actually I like this idea. Cant wait to see a finished mod.

Captain Fallout and Dr. Ghoul sound like amazing DJ names. I can see the banter between them being quite entertaining.

Also, I dont think I know of any ghoul djs out there.