Texture issues

whymf

Hi everyone!

I recently started playing Skyrim again after a few years of not playing it. So I did a fresh installment on Skyrim, installed a few mods which I will be writing later. Anyway so I installed a few mods to make Skyrim "cooler" and more fancy, aswell as "xxx" mods to say.. Well after a while after installing all the mods, I started seeing these weird texture issues, flickering lights. Aswell as in the loading scene the whole loading part get covered in some pink color.

I recorded a video to show you guys you can find it here , here is a better view of the issue

Here is also all the mods I'm currently using

Underground Bathhouse and Paradise Valley

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

FNIS

XPMSplusSOSplusSMS Skeleton

KenMOD LockPick Pro

Sexy Riften v2 ( I have already tried with unistalling these)

Sexy Solitude v1

Sexy Villages and Towns

Sexy Whiterun v3

Sexy Windhelm v2

W.A.T.E.R - Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux (Currently disabled)

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

ApachiiSkyHair

Seductive Lips HD

The Eyes of Beauty

Better Skill and Quest Books Names

Chopper AXE - HD

Dragon Language Book

Zaz Resources

Adult Toys Merchant

Brawl Bugs Patch

CBBE

ASX

HDT Physics Extensions

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

A Quality World Map

RaceMenu

SkyUI

BodySlide 2

And those from *site not allowed*

Fill Her Up

SlaveGirls

SlaveRun

Private Needs

SexLabFramework

SexLabAroused

SOS

Prison Overhaul

Zaz Animation Pack Main and Textures

Edited by whymf

Some of that looked like artifacting.

^^ This.

If you're OC-ing, put your card back to stock speeds and get a monitoring tool like MSI Afterburn to check your temps. If you have the latest drivers, you might try rolling back one to see if you still have the issue.

What are your specs?

Your videocard overclocked? Some of that looked like artifacting. That usually happens when your o/c too far or when your card is overheating. Make sure the fan is working on it and grab the latest drivers to start.

Nope it's not, haven't done any settings what so ever to my GPU or CPU, I've been keeping a good eye on my GPU heat, it's been pretty regular. Just incase, should I turn up my fan's speed?

The temperature of my GPU while in Skyrim is ~70°C

when I'm not ingame it's ~40°C

Edited by whymf

Some of that looked like artifacting.

^^ This.

If you're OC-ing, put your card back to stock speeds and get a monitoring tool like MSI Afterburn to check your temps. If you have the latest drivers, you might try rolling back one to see if you still have the issue.

What are your specs?

My specs aren't the best

Intel i5 2500K 3.30 GHz, no overclock

AMD Radeon HD 5850 ( Pretty old, but keeps up to the most new games)

4 GB Ram DDR3

Windows 8.1

I'm pretty noob when it comes to these sort of stuff, but hopes this helps? ^^

Artifacts are often caused by overheating - Make sure the fans on your card are actually working and are not clogged with dust.

While you are at it - check the rest of your computer for evil dust bunnies as well. A dirty computer runs hotter and will have a much shorter lifespan.

To clean: First power it OFF and unplug it - this is important

Unplug everything - label both your wires and connections and take a picture - this will save you a lot of time when you are putting it back together - "Lets see, did this monitor cable plug into the top connector - or the bottom? Which audio out was I using?"

If it is extremely dusty - take it outside.

Open the case - if you don't know how, google your specific make and model - use the search term 'disassemble make model' Some are not easy to figure out on your own.

If you have access to compressed air - use low pressure 50psi (0.35 Mpa) High pressure can damage your computer. If you don't, most home vacuum cleaners have a blow option - use that - If you must, use the vacuum, with a brush attachment - And use a narrow paint brush (Don't use one with nylon bristles as that can cause static) to loosen the crud - I recommend a medium stiffness camel hair brush.

Remove the video card and look at the fans - there will be air channels for air flow - use your brush to clean them as well as the fan. You will not be able to get all of the dust - but at least get as much as you can without actually scraping anything. Make sure the fans spin freely.

When the computer case is clean - replace the video and any other cards you removed. be sure they are fully seated in their socket. After reassembling, and before putting it back where it goes - power it up and verify the fans are actually working.

Now, referring to that picture and the labels connect everything back up.

Here is a link to my computer cleaning recommendations: http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/3396114/1/#new

Artifacts are often caused by overheating - Make sure the fans on your card are actually working and are not clogged with dust.

While you are at it - check the rest of your computer for evil dust bunnies as well. A dirty computer runs hotter and will have a much shorter lifespan.

To clean: First power it OFF and unplug it - this is important

Unplug everything - label both your wires and connections and take a picture - this will save you a lot of time when you are putting it back together - "Lets see, did this monitor cable plug into the top connector - or the bottom? Which audio out was I using?"

If it is extremely dusty - take it outside.

Open the case - if you don't know how, google your specific make and model - use the search term 'disassemble make model' Some are not easy to figure out on your own.

If you have access to compressed air - use low pressure 50psi (0.35 Mpa) High pressure can damage your computer. If you don't, most home vacuum cleaners have a blow option - use that - If you must, use the vacuum, with a brush attachment - And use a narrow paint brush (Don't use one with nylon bristles as that can cause static) to loosen the crud - I recommend a medium stiffness camel hair brush.

Remove the video card and look at the fans - there will be air channels for air flow - use your brush to clean them as well as the fan. You will not be able to get all of the dust - but at least get as much as you can without actually scraping anything. Make sure the fans spin freely.

When the computer case is clean - replace the video and any other cards you removed. be sure they are fully seated in their socket. After reassembling, and before putting it back where it goes - power it up and verify the fans are actually working.

Now, referring to that picture and the labels connect everything back up.

Here is a link to my computer cleaning recommendations: http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/3396114/1/#new

Thanks, I'll try this since I haven't really cleaned my computer.. So it's probably really dusty..

Do I really need to disassemble the computer parts? I do understand that I need to disassemble the GPU from my computer, but all other stuff? Since I haven't done this at all I don't want to break my computer.

As I live in an apartment it's really hard to go outside, though I have a balcony but it's stuffed with all sort of stuff..

Sadly I do not have access to any compressed air, neither does my vacuum have a blowing option, but can I use my mouth to blow at the computer parts/GPU gently? Or will that not work?

With "brush" do you mean my vacuum's brush? Or like a painting brush?

What do I do if my fans won't start spinning again? I'm not sure if this would happen, but if I does, what can I do?

You can buy caned air from most computer and office supply stores for a couple bucks a can. :)

Your computer is probably pretty dusty and clogged inside if it's older and never been cleaned out. I do mine once a month, and you'd be amazed how much dust slips in even with dust covers on all fans.

My AMD card used to artifact sometimes in Skyrim, before I got a new GPU. It wasn't very old and it was clean, but being pushed pretty hard with texture mods and ENB so would get quite hot. I rearranged my case fans making sure the case had positive pressure and that helped a lot. You might want to check the airflow in your case after you clean the dust out. Make sure all your fans are spinning and revving up when they need to. Get a fan control program and create a fan profile so as things get hotter, your fans will go faster and keep your components from overheating.

You can buy caned air from most computer and office supply stores for a couple bucks a can. :smile:

Your computer is probably pretty dusty and clogged inside if it's older and never been cleaned out. I do mine once a month, and you'd be amazed how much dust slips in even with dust covers on all fans.

My AMD card used to artifact sometimes in Skyrim, before I got a new GPU. It wasn't very old and it was clean, but being pushed pretty hard with texture mods and ENB so would get quite hot. I rearranged my case fans making sure the case had positive pressure and that helped a lot. You might want to check the airflow in your case after you clean the dust out. Make sure all your fans are spinning and revving up when they need to. Get a fan control program and create a fan profile so as things get hotter, your fans will go faster and keep your components from overheating.

I live in a small town in Sweden, which doesn't really have any Computer stores, we do have stores for media purposes though.

My computer isn't really old, sure I've had it for a while but it's not that old just at the time I didn't have the money for a better GPU, so I bought this one.

Yeah I don't really want to run any ENB mods with this GPU, it'll probably overheat and cause it to break, I will buy a new one but, I don't have the time as I am a student with short of time and money..

Do you know if there is a way for me to, after I clean my computer, get my GPU fans to spin faster? So they really cool my GPU down.

Thanks for the info :smile:

Edited by whymf