Bad FPS, project reality?

Murkrow900

[sOLVED! READ HERE] "Glory to the Empire! That solved it! By changing the values in the INI file of the stutter remover I could set it to W/E I wanted (put it at 80 like Gopher but might lower to 60 depending on how it goes) and that's done the trick! Thanks a ton for the moral support & wise tips M4! Probably wouldn't of worked so hard around it if I didn't have someone to help me out :smile:.

Best regards, Murk. "

Hi guys, this is my load-order & I'm having some bad fps with it (around 40-45 and I pref to be around 58-60) with my GTX 780 and I was just curious what mod could be causing it? Answers are very appreciated, thanks! No other issues in my game other than me not enjoying the framerate.

GameMode=Fallout3
Fallout3.esm=1
Anchorage.esm=1
ThePitt.esm=1
BrokenSteel.esm=1
PointLookout.esm=1
Zeta.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm=1
Inventory Access.esm=1
iHUD.esm=1
CRAFT.esm=1
CALIBR.esm=1
xCALIBR.esm=1
Project Beauty.esm=1
Mothership Crew.esm=1
Advanced Recon Tech.esm=1
EVE.esm=1
Point Lookout Reborn.esm=1
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm=1
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm=1
DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm=1
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp=1
FCOMaster.esm=0
FO3 Error Fixes.esp=1
Tenpenny Tower Alternate Endings.esp=1
DarNifiedUIF3.esp=1
Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp=1
Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp=1
Agathas' Redone.esp=1
BringBackBael.esp=1
CASM.esp=1
CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp=1
CALIBRxMerchant.esp=1
Overhead3PCamera.esp=1
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp=1
BoSPatrols.esp=1
MoreMapMarkers.esp=1
EpicMiniNukes.esp=1
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp=1
FO3_WRP.esp=1
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp=1
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp=1
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp=1
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp=1
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp=1
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp=1
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp=1
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp=1
WeaponModKits.esp=1
WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp=1
WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp=1
WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp=1
WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp=1
Advanced Recon Armor.esp=1
Advanced Recon Gear.esp=1
Advanced Recon Tech.esp=1
Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp=0
Powered Power Armor.esp=1
PPA - Operation Anchorage.esp=1
PPA - Broken Steel.esp=1
PPA - The Pitt.esp=1
PPA - Mothership Zeta.esp=1
PPA - FWE.esp=1
PPA - Ambient Temperature.esp=0
Stealthboy Recon Armor - CRAFT.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp=1
Mart's Mutant Mod - DC Interiors.esp=1
Blackened FWE + MMM + EVE + Project Beauty.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
Flora Overhaul.esp=1
Zeta_Lighting_Fixes.esp=1
Realistic Interior Lighting.esp=1
Realistic Interior Lighting - BS.esp=1
Realistic Interior Lighting - OA.esp=1
Realistic Interior Lighting - PL.esp=1
F3ProjectRealityMkI.esp=1
xCALIBRammo_FWE.esp=1
Merged Patch.esp=1
:The fix is in this video, listen to what he says about the stutter remover INI at 6:30. Easy to forget when installing.
Edited by Murkrow900

If you are using the latest Blackened patch, you need to get the Mart's Mutant Mod by Paradox Ignition. That is the only version that will work with Blackened. While you are making adjustments, use only one restore tracers.

Are you using a major texture replacers or ENB?

Hey M48A5, thanks for your quick response. And I'll look into that patch, I swear I had the right ones but okay thank you :smile:. And yes I am using NMC Fo3 and then Poco Bueno from Vegas, however I disabled these in between just to check if the performance were any different but the fps is still around 40-45. And I use Project-Reality for the first time so I don't know if it could be this one or if it does things in-doors because the lagg was just as bad inside of the Vault as outside which it shouldn't be. I've also used that program that lets you tweak some of the settings for Fallout 3 (can't remember the name for the moment) which is also the first time for me so I'm a bit curious if that could cause any performance issues.

Best regards, Murk.

EDIT: I am off to the hospital for a while because the back of my head hurts near a lump so I wanna check it out, so please forgive me if my response isn't instant, should be back within a few hours though & I hope you've already responded by then ^^.

Edited by Murkrow900

You didn't state, but you absolutely have to use the Large Address Enabler when you use NMC texture pack. I can't provide a link since the site is down. And I just noticed that you are using two Optional Restore Tracers, use only one.

Oh okay, thanks M4 =). I just got home so I just read your response. This might be a dumb question but what is that ^^? The large adress enabler. This might also sound dumb but I probably use another word for it, what's a restore tracer?

Use only one of these:

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp=1
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp=1
Fallout3 is a 32 bit game and can only use up to 2GB of RAM. The LAA, if installed properly and the changes made, will allow the game to use a little over 3GB of RAM. This will allow you to use a larger texture pack and help stabilize the game.
Another good utility is New Vegas Anti Crash: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635/?

Okay thanks, only got one tracer now & I also tried playing without the textures and no FPS difference was found so it could be an INI issue but I'm no smarty with them, would you be willing to take a look? They were a bit different before but I ran the Game through the Steam launcher once to see if it changed anything but it hasn't so far. Can you spot anything there that could be causing issues? I am also using address aware enabler, just forgot to mention. Any option in there that is very demanding that shouldn't be turned on if I care a lot about FPS?

Best regards, Murk.

Ini http://pastebin.com/AP0dqVih
Prefs http://pastebin.com/Q0Gx8wEq

PS, I still want my game to look good but just not at the cost of so much FPS if there now is something in there causing issues.

Edited by Murkrow900

Change the .ini that is in My Games/Fallout3/Fallout.ini as follows.

If you are using a multi-core CPU (more than 2 cores), you need to add this line directly under "bUseThreadedAI=1" (Without quotation marks) "iNumHWThreads=2".

Add "bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1" at the end of the General Section. Don't forget to save.

Open the Prefs.ini and go to Controls and change this line "bGamePadRumble=0". Don't forget to save.

See this: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1465357-installing-fallout-3-with-windows-78-and-xp/

If this doesn't work, I am out of answers.

Thanks for all the help M4, you're a kind one. But it seems like nothing will do hehe, I am unsure what could be the problem but I just got myself fraps to measure the fps and it seems to be locked at 30, won't go under or above as long as I stay in game. Think I'm doomed or has this given you a new idea?

Best regards, Murk.

EDIT: I also tried doing what the user Gulo said on "Techguy.org" by changing iPresentinterval=1. to 0. However this did nothing, but I still feel like this is V-sync's doing somehow, any other ideas how to uncap it from being locked at 30? I am running Windows 8 btw.

Edited by Murkrow900