New bottle cap texture

Wertologist

I love Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I love most things about them. I love the post apocalytpic feel of them, but sometimes I like to change it up with mods. I don't know if it's possible to remodel the cap or not, but I would really like new models/textures for the cap. Yes, I know it wouldn't make much sense to find some other type of object on a soda bottle, but it's a mod. Mods don't require logic.

I'd like to see something like this:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20051201231846/starwars/images/1/13/CreditChip.jpg

Or even just regular dollar bills

Maybe make caps look like cigarettes? I feel like cigarettes are always valuable in post apocalyptic movies.

Maybe something silly like packs of Trident Layers? Pay people in gum.

I searched on the nexus for something to replace the cap, but all I found were retextured coins.

If you went to a gun shop today, found a gun you liked, decided on a price, then said "okay you want 500 dollars? well I have 350 dollars, two cartons of cigarettes, the hide off of a coyote I killed, some crutches, and this cool combat helmet. That'll do right?" they would laugh at you.

One great thing about the fallout trading system is you can do that. Sure, caps may not be your thing. But you CAN use cigarettes, pre-war money, and even bubblegum as currency. It just translates it into caps in the barter screen as an equal value currency. So my character absolutely hordes cigarettes, whether individual, by the pack, or in a carton, and if money is tight, I will use them just as I would cash.

In my home, I have about 300 cartons of cigarettes, 30,000 caps, nine bars of gold, 600 pre war monies, and lots of little NCR bills and legion coin.

I could probably open all those cartons, go to GR, buy me a new rifle.

s#*!, I could go all Metro and just trade bullets. I handload my rounds into better stuff, so could turn a profit.

Anyway, there's my two [currency]. Sully somewhat inspired that. :D

• 9 months later...