Conjuration Perks Affect More Spells: Dremora Lord, Seeker, Etc

ninjaxenomorph

It was always a minor annoyance that the spell Conjure Dremora Lord, one of the 'capstone' spells for Conjuration users (one of the best summons if you don't like Thralls, which I feel clutter up combats) isn't affected by some of the perks you took to get it (meaning... Elemental Potency). I mean, I get that segregating the elemental atronachs and giving them perks makes a grain of sense, but I still feel cheated. But, I thought, its a pretty unique spell, I can get that. Until Dawnguard and Dragonborn. Arniel's Shade is similarly unaffected by the Necromancy perks

Dawnguard adds the Conjure Boneman/Mistman/Wrathman spells, which are pretty good (Wrathman in particular being a viable alternative to Dremora Lord)... BUT they are affected by the Necromancy perks! Which makes sense, seeing as they are undead. Dragonborn goes further, adding stuff like summoning Seekers, Ash Spawn, Ash Guardians, etc. Seekers in particular are just Daedra, like atronachs and dremora, while the Ash creatures are a little hazier (although they seem to be the reanimated remains of cremated Dunmer). None of these are affected by the perks, that I know of.

So! My proposed fix? Alter the perks so that they affect these spells. For example:

Change Atromancy to Daedramancy/Daedromancy, and have it affect Seekers as well as Atronachs and Dremora Lords.

Change Elemental Potency to Daedric Potency. Will affect Atronachs as normal, but will also affect Conjure Seeker and Conjure Dremora Lord.

Add the Conjure Ash Guardian, Conjure Ash Spawn, Summon Arvak, and Summon Arniel's Shade to the spells affected by Necromancy and Dark Souls perks.

I haven't tried modding, so don't particularly know what would have to be changed to accomplish what I set forth. I would even be open to trying this myself if I had some help!

Basically each of the elemental spells has two effects: one that fires if the caster has the perk and one that fires if the caster does not.

To make the dremora lord also affected by Atromancy Elemental Potency:

Duplicate the dremora actor who is summoned by the spell.

Increase its level by whatever you feel is appropriate.

Duplicate the magic effect that summons the dremora lord.

Replace parameter 1 with the new dremora lord.

Copy the conditions from the summon atronach effects and apply them to the appropriate summon dremora lord effect.

Add the improved dremora lord effect to the summon dremora lord spell.

Edited by lofgren

So thats how Elemental Potency works... that could be done for the Seeker as well. I'm guessing it's similar for the ash creatures spells/Arniel Gane's shade? How do the Atromancy/Necromancy ones that increase the summon time work, is it a different actor/effect for each combination? How about editing the perk names?

Edited by ninjaxenomorph

You can edit perk names by going to Actor -> Perk in the Object Window in the Creation Kit and locating the perk. Just make sure you change the perk and not the ID.

Atromancy and Necromancy work differently. They are controlled through the perk. There is a perk entry in each perk that multiplies the duration of spells with certain keywords. You would simply have to add the keyword for each spell to the list. If you open up the perk entry point it should be as simple as duplicating one of the requirements that is already there in the spell tab and pointing the new requirement to the appropriate keyword for the spell you want. I know that the Dragonborn spells have keywords assigned already. I'm not sure about the shade.