Sentinels will not die in Witch Hunt

dragonstorm1

even with just the witch hunt mod on the sentinels will not die in the circle of mages basement any ideas........

Are you attempting to kill just the Sentinels, or are you...

going after the "Veil Tears" as well? You have to wipe each Tear about four times before it stops respawning both itself and the Sentinels.

even with just the witch hunt mod on the sentinels will not die in the circle of mages basement any ideas........

Are you attempting to kill just the Sentinels, or are you...

going after the "Veil Tears" as well? You have to wipe each Tear about four times before it stops re-spawning both itself and the Sentinels.

trying to get the barrier door open but everytime i go near the vials to bring up the info with the eye thingy nothing pops up and by then im being attacked by the sentinels they aren't re-spawning there just not dying so how do i get the damn door open lol

When you say the Sentinels are "just not dying", do you mean that they aren't taking any damage, or that they inflict damage too quickly for your Party to survive?

The former issue was reported by another player: turned out to be caused by an installed mod.

The fix for the latter is, (generally): "Difficulty => Easy", (at least until you get the hang of it. :laugh: )

IIRC, you cannot get to/open the barrier door until you've defeated the Sentinels. (That's kinda' their purpose, after all! :P )

If you are unable to damage them at all and you don't see a

reddish cloud called a veil tear,

it is due to a mod that spawns. I had this problem and disabling Slink's Random Age and The Last Stand solved the problem. Any other mod that has a spawning feature is likely to cause problems with this particular area.

If you are damaging them and they are just respawning on you, find those reddish clouds called veil tears, attack them and destroy them. Once they are all dead (the veil tears) the sentinels will be "repaired" and go back to just standing around and you can get through the door.

I'm having the same problem and I believe I've disabled/uninstalled all of the mods andoverride files that respawn. I'm not having a problem with the sentinels respawning, I can't damage them at all. I also have the same problem with the vials. I get the eye to examine them but when I click on the vials nothing happens and the examine option disappears. As far as Veil Tears go, I don't see ANY. Unless they are the purple fog covering the doors. When I TAB up to bring up all the names in the area the only ones that appear are my characters, the sentinels, the door I came in, the chest and the vials: no veil tears appear. So to pare it down: the sentinels are not taking any damage, and neither are my party members. I've disabled all the spawning mods and files. I see no veil tears. I'm going to try the Console killscript as soon as I can get the console to WORK. Other than that, I'm at my wits end. I'm playing the offical EA purchased version of all games (Origins, Awakenings, Witch Hunt, Golems, etc.) and running patch 1.04. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I'm having the same problem and I believe I've disabled/uninstalled all of the mods andoverride files that respawn. I'm not having a problem with the sentinels respawning, I can't damage them at all. I also have the same problem with the vials. I get the eye to examine them but when I click on the vials nothing happens and the examine option disappears. As far as Veil Tears go, I don't see ANY. Unless they are the purple fog covering the doors. When I TAB up to bring up all the names in the area the only ones that appear are my characters, the sentinels, the door I came in, the chest and the vials: no veil tears appear. So to pare it down: the sentinels are not taking any damage, and neither are my party members. I've disabled all the spawning mods and files. I see no veil tears. I'm going to try the Console killscript as soon as I can get the console to WORK. Other than that, I'm at my wits end. I'm playing the offical EA purchased version of all games (Origins, Awakenings, Witch Hunt, Golems, etc.) and running patch 1.04. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I'm pretty damn sure I've gone and done everything suggested here short of purging my override entirely which I don't think will fix the problem anyway. I've disabled/removed all the spawning files, even ones I don't even think spawn, except for Veshialle Rememberance Rune, which doesn't spawn, all my TNT armors which have a tendency to spawn sometimes, etc. I even went through and did all the console install tricks, tried runscript killallhostiles, and the script DID NOT KILL THEM!!! GRRR!!! Until someone gets back to me with some more ideas, I'm just gonna play Golems for now. No problems there. BTW I don't see any veil tears at all, just the aforementioned fog on the doors.

Problem fixed. Jiggered around with override and competely uninstalled Slink's Random Age and the problem is solved now. Thanks for your input. :wallbash:

Problem fixed. Jiggered around with override and competely uninstalled Slink's Random Age and the problem is solved now. Thanks for your input. :wallbash:

Watching the DANexus forums pretty closely for the past nine months has left me with a question.:

Why is there a huge reluctance among the ultra-mod users to admit that when they are having a problem, IT'S PROBABLY CAUSED BY A MOD THEY HAVE INSTALLED?

The solution is almost always:

1. Remove ALL mods.

2. Test if the problem still exists.

3. If "No", solution is obvious --

A legitimate forum question at this point might be: "Does anyone know if one of the following might cause the problem I'm having? Here's the list of mods that were in use when problem occurred: ...", but unless the immediate response is "[That one]"... Go to Step 4.

4. Reinstall mods one-by one testing for problem until the one that caused it is identified.

The number of people who would ever need to go on to step 5 ("Yes, Problem still exists with ZERO mods installed.") is a tiny fraction of the starting number reporting an issue, and through this practice, (of posting the list) the number of people able to spot WHICH mods cause WHICH problems would actually increase, making the posting the question between Steps 3 and 4 even more worthwhile.

Yet instead, we have to practically beg people to say what mods they've installed.

I just don't get it... :confused: