[Request] Realistic Hitboxes - focus on hunting primarily.

Funkestman

I hate hunting and getting a bad drop on a arrow and having it hit either the bottom of the belly or hitting the foot and getting a one hit kill.....!

(PROBLEM DETECTED)

The general aim of this request is to add a hitbox for sections of the body/limbs and to also add different properties for each, for example certain amount of damage to the legs of an elk will not necessarily kill it in one shot, but will have a permanent slowing effect until the creature/player recovers (just like you would expect when you hit something in the foot/leg with a arrow.

Now the more realism would obviously be higher amount of hitboxes, but I'm sure with just a couple more hotboxes we could incorporate more realistic mechanics in skyrim.

List of thing we could add;

1. Leg, chest, abdomen, neck, head hitboxes. (Basic)

2. Different amounts and types of status effects depending on the hitbox triggered. (ex. Bleeding, slowness, blinding)

http://oi61.tinypic.com/5objf7.jpg

Anything you bros want to add please comment

As a mechanic, or method, you would need to place a mesh object as an Armor Add-on which looks like a body part, but has a script running and can detect a hit on the armor item itself, rather than on the creature beneath, then script mod the damage done.

It is easy enough to create Armor Add-ons that look like creature bodies, this is the technique used to create most shark or manta ray models. They are actually slaughter fish wearing shark skin shaped Armor Add-ons.

So you would create a series of Armor Add-ons which all looked identical in the macro perspective, but were assigned to specific gear slots. Usually those which do not show visually. Or show only a piece of the creature, like the fur in the heart area.

The hard part would be detecting a hit on one piece of the armor, rather than another body part being hit.

The game engine knows when an arrow or other projectile strikes, so that it can place an Arrow "Stuck" in the wood of barrel. That mechanism might be accessible to determine which element was struck.

I'm not sure how you would access the arrow flight and impact mechanics. Probably through the Havoc Mechanics assigned to the projectile itself, and trigger the effects on strike of a particular Havoc Collision Box material type.

An interesting problem.

-

Edited by VanKrill

The Tusks/Horns of the animal should have no effect besides offence because that's what there for, Offence. If you hit the Tusks/horns with and arrow it should stick in and do NO damage to the animal itself. And i think you should make the Heart area be a quick fatal hit point (for elks). Because for some reason shooting them in the head they have a good chance on surviving... for a bit anyways, i think, ...Thay have small brains.

The heart is were you wanna shoot to take it down in one shot. a Mammoth on the other hand, its a BIG animal and it has a thick skull so i don't see an arrow taking a Mammoth down to quickly. You can't shoot a Mammoth in the heart with an arrow because it has like 6 feet of meat and some bones around it. Unless the arrow goes right through the thing. But arrows aren't bullets so. I think about 4 to 6 arrows in the face should could do it the quickest IMO. ... hm depending on the arrow used anyways. Anywhere else it'll do minor damage. 4 to 6 shots in the face or significantly more arrows in the body. you want to shoot the face, yes?. And a throat shot would indeed make it hard to breath maybe instead of an instant kill (as with Elks) with a "heart" shot it would hit the lungs of the mammoth reducing its stamina i guess, maybe add a bleeding affect?, for such shots.

And perhaps make it so that if you shoot it in both of its eyes it'll blind it and make it go crazy running and attacking and falling over (tripping) at random. And finally falling over in exhaustion whining and wailing until you come over and put one last arrow in its skull to finish it off.

Edited by Swordsguy2010

• 2 months later...

And perhaps make it so that if you shoot it in both of its eyes it'll blind it and make it go crazy running and attacking and falling over (tripping) at random. And finally falling over in exhaustion whining and wailing until you come over and put one last arrow in its skull to finish it off.

So violent, but I like the idea a lot. Like for 30 seconds it would rampage giving it all it has until it finally just can't do anything more. Also maybe the damage it does could be increased a bit during the rampage.