BE the Harbinger, BE the Archmage, BE the Guildmaster

AfriCanuckinOz

I find it immersion breaking that, to give a few random examples of unrealistic game mechanics, :

1. I get asked, as ArchMage - to cleanse the focal points of the College, because my "unique skills" (which I believe is a sarcastic comment) - this after I saved the College from extinction...

2. I have to do all the menial animal slaying quests, etc. from the Companion "leaders", AFTER I am Harbinger. An honorary title I presume...

3. I have to do the rebuilding of the Thieves Guild all by myself, while the other thieves lounge around the ratway getting high on skooma and mead, AFTER I restored most of the guild's reputation in the major cities.

SO, I would like to ask if someone talented (gifted really imho), could apply their unique talents and turn these 'honorary titles of leadership' into real leadership roles.

For example, it would be great to say "perhaps Vilkas & Farkas can handle that for us", or "send the twins", or "Sapphire seems to have some extra time on her hands right now", or "I taught J'Zargo that particular technique, so I suggest you ask him, as I have more important affairs occupying my time at present", or "this can easily be managed by the lower ranks, or do you expect me to all the work by myself Vex? Seriously, when last did YOU venture out...?".

At least the Winterhold Improvements, or Immersive College of Wintehold mods (not sure which one) gives you the option to make Tolfdir the Archmage (which doesn't seem to change anything else), but the other faction leadership roles are seriously underdone by Bethesda.

Even the change of title to something like "Champion (or Hand) of the Companions", 'Agent Provocateur of the Thieves Guild", "Master Wizard at Large (or Battle Wizard) of the CoW" would be a great improvement.

Anyone else ever feel like it would be great to either have that executive power to SEND others on missions, or decline the ultimate role, but still be revered for services rendered?

PS: I would be happy to be involved in writing snappy or pithy replies to those nonsensical radiant quests, if anybody would be interested in taking this on

Once you hit the end of the 4 Guild Quests you really don't have much left to do, the game doesn't really lead you at that point. It's like you sat down at your new desk in the corner office and said "ok, now what?"

My initial answer is "something else!"

For the Companions and the College, you could have a note-based system directing the player to answer requests brought by the Jarls, leading to the City specific quest lines that eventually lead to Thane status.

For Dark Brotherhood and Theives, since you aren't being hired by the Jarls, you could have Night Mother/Nocturnal direct you to insinuate yourself into highranking skyrim society and tell you to go to different cities to get Thane status.

Different roads, but the same path, gets you to another city to do more stuff while maintaining a connection to your guild.

As for your initial idea, before I went tangent on it. It seems a lot like Assassins Creeds function of "rebuilding the order" a sort of Macro management mini-game. Recruiting new members, repairing damage to the guild, assigning missions, expanding influence.

As for Specific guilds and their radiants....

The companions are actually pretty easy with dialogue tweaks, instead of giving you jobs as the harbinger they ask you to join them. Since the quest givers are all Followers this essentially gets to the same point while respecting your status.

College only has two radiants right? (the rest of the quests would have been done prior to the arch-mage status if the story were not so compressed) The Rift quest requires the Staff of Magnus and the "fetch that book" seems decently arch-magey since I get the distinct idea that most of the mages have a complete lack of real combat experience. I don't think I'm forgetting any that aren't really suppossed to be done before Arch-mage status.

Thieves and Dark brotherhood I'm really not sure about since I can't tell you when the last time I actually did either of these. (I hate Night Mother and would back Astrids redesign given the choice and the Thieves guild usually bores me before I get very far in with it's "no killing" clause)