Warden's Keep NPC not showing up?

DefAnt

I keep trying to redownload, reinstall, and anything else I can think of to make this DLC work, but I have no idea why the NPC that asks you to go to Warden's Keep with him does not show up. I even disabled everything but Warden's Keep on 1 of my games and he still doesn't show up.

I do have Shady Deals, 2 chests, one for storage, one for obtaining items someone made by modding. Warden's Luck and Talon of Fenris required a chest to spawn the items.

Other then that I have no camp mods except maybe Improved Atmosphere.... but that's a world mod not camp specific....

Could it be Sappho's daughters mod conflicting with it?

Is this to the camp the very first time that you've gone to camp? (IE- From Lothering?) If so, exit the camp and return. The very first time to camp can be kinda screwey with addin NPCs.

If he still isnt showing up, go thru and deactivate all your mods. With all of them deactivated, go back into game. Agree to let it forceload when you get asked twice, and then let it load. Create a NEW savegame, (dont overwrite your old one!) and name it something like CleanSave01, then exit.

Start reactivating your mods one by one till you hit a point where he disappears again. Then you know which one was causing it.

And then depending on which mod it is, just leave it deactivated til you play thru the DLC, then reactivate it when you're done ;)

Not a problem at all, I hope that it works out :)

Oh! And I was going to ask, but I forgot :( Is it just this one character where he doesnt show up or is it all of your toons that have the problem? If it's just this one, it might be a problem with the savegame. So if the things that I suggested before dont work, try going to a savegame that was from before this.

But most likely yeah, its just either the thing with the very first time you go into camp, or its probably a mod ;)

But first thing I would try doing is leaving camp, and coming back. Then take it from there :)

Good luck! Hope its an easy one to sort out :)

I can't answer 100% for sure because I am not home at the moment. However, I believe I have 2 or 3 games that are as far as the camp. Either before or after Lothering. One I know is past lothering because I went to the Pearl, Dwarf, Red Cliffe, and Shale, as well as 2 personal castle/home mods. Ever since I upgraded from 1.00/1.01 to 1.03 then 1.04 I have not seen a single hair of the NPC... I've met him before though on the main character but I didn't go yet cause I wasn't strong enough.

However, I do believe that he isn't there on any of my characters.

I can't answer 100% for sure because I am not home at the moment. However, I believe I have 2 or 3 games that are as far as the camp. Either before or after Lothering. One I know is past lothering because I went to the Pearl, Dwarf, Red Cliffe, and Shale, as well as 2 personal castle/home mods. Ever since I upgraded from 1.00/1.01 to 1.03 then 1.04 I have not seen a single hair of the NPC... I've met him before though on the main character but I didn't go yet cause I wasn't strong enough.

However, I do believe that he isn't there on any of my characters.

Did you tell him you'd help, but then not actually "go"? Levi disappears from Camp if you say something sufficiently positive to him, but the location then appears on the map. When you do select Soldier's Peak as your destination he joins you at the top of the pass, just before the gates.

Only had 1 game where I talked to him, and that was before I started updating and using custom mods. I think they updates screwed up the Warden's Keep mod. However, at that time, I talked to him and no because I knew I wasn't strong enough to go yet. That was the last time I remember seeing him. I'm still working on a new game to get to the camp, so far he isn't there. Even after Lothering. Soldier's Peak isn't on the map.

Hmmmm... Usual routine when faced with a .dazip that won't behave (assuming you've already disabled/removed the OTHER mods that might have contributed to the problem) is:

1. "Uncheck" the misbehaving one (WK, in this case) on the "Installed Content" tab

2. Load the game

3. Make a new save

4. Exit back to the Menu

5. "Re-Check" the .dazip

6. Load the save you made in step 3

But you've done all that, right?

I actually did not test this out fully as I was working on a new game rather then my old one. However if I have time tonight I will test this out on both games. I believe I have my new game past Lothering and should be able to test what you suggested on both games. :)

Thanks. I'll post what happens tomorrow.

I tried disabling all the mods except Warden's Keep. Entered the game, force loaded it. saved it as "Clean Save" so it didn't effect my main save. Even tried to uninstall and reinstall the Dazip file using DAMM. However, it still won't show the NPC in the camp. I even tried your way Thandal, but then I had to go through all the beginning stuff to get to the camp before Lothering, wasn't there, got past Lothering, and he still wasn't there.

I'm wondering if my install of Warden's Keep needs to be updated due to me updating DAO to 1.04. I know it isn't a broken install because it did work before....