Frequent CTDs, Missing Textures, world going dark?

Deleted1790188User

this is a copy of my enblocal.ini, it works with skse at least for me. also did you unpack everything and do you have the newest directx installed?

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=128
VideoMemorySizeMb= (yes set it blank)
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=false
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

Actually, I just looked for and found a fix - apparently there's a conflict between ENB and GEforce experience, so I uninstalled the latter, and now it works! I'll play for a little while and see if removing some of the texture mods and doing this ENB tweaking helped. Thanks so much for all the help! I'll post whether or not it seems to help CTDs and graphic issues.

Still some CTDs and missing textures, unfortunately, although they took a bit longer to kick in this time - about an hour. I've tweaked the enblocal further to the maximum 10gb, since the drive I installed Skyrim on has plenty of room, and I'm going to try further tweaking with texture mods as I feel like it might be on to something.

I don't know if this will matter, but the thing I notice missing most often is clothes - purplish or black clothing replaces it. I don't really have any texture mods specifically focusing on clothing, though.

Thanks for the tips! I've reduced all my high-texture mods to lower intensity versions, used Ordenater and just got this screenshot from SPM - which unfortunately, it looks like I'm still hitting the near cap for VRAM. Any way I can buff it up? I have loads of virtual memory, but I don't think Skyrim can use it all.

http://i.imgur.com/SBY0CaJ.jpg

I Quoted this to bring it along and point out a few things....

VRAM = Video memory on the GPU , This is not the RAM that has a CAP, System RAM has a cap of 3.1

IN the SPM graph...see the top dotted dark green line, that is the total of VRAM on your GPU ...you are no where near filling that up. Your MAX for that Run was...1548 about half as you have 3072 (3GB).

The Yellow line IS the RAM this is what has the 3.1 GB limit...you had a MAX of 1299 in use...it would have to cross that dotted Green line to crash.

I Run a pair of 580's at a VRAM load of 2.6 - 2.8 GB and never have Texture issues.

DO you have...

Stable Ugrids to load

SKSE W/SKSE.ini

TRY..Disabling the 3 HR DLC's see if the Texture issues go away..then get Optimized versions...

DO a run with SPM going and play TILL the texture issues appears post that graph.. :smile: as the first graph above is only for 58 seconds..

Ahh, I see! Sorry, I misunderstood. I do have Stable Ugrids to load and SKSE with the SKSE.ini. I disabled the HR DLCs and was able to play for a good hour and a half without crashing or texture issues - texture issues did eventually come up, namely the water being entirely see-through and a weird blurriness on the map and level up screens, but nothing major. I had to close it, and later started a new game, where it crashed more quickly at about 15 minutes in, but without visible texture issues. It doesn't look like Vram is a problem, at least not here. That's the problem with Skyrim - there could be a million causes for a glitch. :P Doubt it matters, but at the time I was with an Interesting NPCs character, slaying a giant.

Still, the game is running for longer and better with the tweaks so far. Even if this as as good as it gets, it's an improvement. Thanks, all!

http://i.imgur.com/kR8UKfL.png