Exporting rigged bow from 3ds max, bones rotate

FrankFamily

Short version: whenever i export a bow with its rigged mesh and bones from 3ds max to nifskope it rotates the bones 90º.

long version:

I'm making a bow, model done, imported bones from a vanilla model, assigned weights to vertices (weight table) etc etc, everything seems ok in 3ds max, but when i export it to .nif, it rotates the bones in comparison with the bow it self, so bones in one axis and bow in another, its like for some reason its swapping the x and y axis of the bones only, and that completely breakes the bow. if i copy its mesh into a vanilla nif the bones now match but ingame the bow appears rotated no matter what rotation values i put in nifskope.

Even tried importing a woodenbow in 3dsmax and exporting again without touching a single thing and it rotated its bones too. Have tried doing the whole process twice (with the tutorial from the guy that made that bow collection with lots of endorsements), importing different vanilla bows, new and fresh 3ds max scene.

if the explanation of my problem is not clear i guess i can upload some screenshots, just tell me.

I really don't know why it's happening or what to try next, so i'm stuck, any help on the issue is appreaciated.

Thanks in advance.