toolset out of memory error

blue49

I read somewhere that Toolset requires 8GB memory or more to open save ga,es larger than 1(!) mb...

so its quite common problem. I was only able to edit early save games becasue the later I was getting the same problem as you.

Yup, VERY common issue with the toolset. Tho if the savegames are relatively small and it's still crashing like that, open them via the file>open menu, rather than drag and dropping (DnD) them into the toolshyte.

You can try using the FO mem fix on the toolset. some have reported good results, others report no effect. :confused:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/236616-editing-save-files/page__st__10

I might go ahead and ask what you are wanting to edit in the savegame? If it's a face, your name, or your amount of inventory you can carry, I'd recommend Newbypower's face replacer for the job- http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=428

• 5 years later...

thanks, i will give disabling my mods for a moment a try. i just picked up ohgren, i always end up in Orzimaar last thing, and thank goodness he came able to wear the juggernaut set i duplicated ages ago, so everybody has a set, because i cant open the files to up his stats any. i already killed the archdeamon once, so making my toons into immortal paper dolls this time around was supposed to be a time saver, so i could try playing what i call the second half, of DA Ultimate Edition, but i dont want to think the 7 Andrastes arrows i have left are all i will now get when i have a few samples of each type, and i need a few hundred of each.

what doesnt sit well with me is, why is the warden forced to get into dwarven politics at all?? i cant see Duncan getting involved in this mess, and i go through the whole thing quite uncomfortable with it, because i just feel like Duncan wouldnt approve. what happened to the grey wardens non involvement policy??

Edited by Briar865

• 1 year later...

I am going to use necromancy on this thread!

Who knows maybe someone is still having this "Dragon Age Origins toolset out of memory" isssue.

Try this for save game editing:

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/4512

Works a treat. It is a modding tool and also has a basic savegame editor (that works WAY better than the toolset, it is just a little more limited, but works great for editing party etc. Also the actual editor can fill in the blanks - it too can edit save games).

Here is what I use the editor for (not the savegame editor)...

Some people like to grind (although this can be used for other stuff) and Dragon Age Origins has no respawning enemies, here is a work around:

1- MAKE A BACK UP SAVE! I am accepting no liability if you ruin your saved game :smile:

2- Find a mod that is good and has its own locations (I like Tombs of the Undead personally, but have not really tried others: https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1741 )

3- Go and complete the mod (take note of how many locations you enter)

4- Go to your camp (I recommand the camp because it is a single location place, some places such as Denerim Market District has several locations which makes things more awkward, you will see what I mean soon... I hope) and save your game (REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACK UP COPY!).

5- Use the editor from the link provided to open up your save game (just as you would with the toolset).

6- Find the SAVEGAME_AREALIST

6a- This is a list of all the locations you have been. The oldest place you visited is 0, and the newest place visited will be the highest number there.

6b- So the last place you visited was your camp, so it will be the one with the highest number. DO NOT DELETE THE LOCATION YOU ARE ON (I fear it would end badly - if anyone tries this please let me know what happens).

6c- the ones before it will be the locations from the mod, just right click and delete each location you want to do again (the editor will show you the names of the locations, this is helpful in preventing you from becoming over zealous and deleting too much).

7- Re-enter the locations and find they have been "reset".

Hurrah! Much rejoicing!

The reason why I say to get a mod is because there will be less (if any chance) of breaking your game by destroying plots through the deletion of game/dlc areas, but feel free to try (I again accept no liability for destroyed save games :smile: ).

I hope this will be handy for people.

Edited by Glabrezu