Loadout Help (Random CTD's)

LucidLollipop

Hello, I'm having some random CTD's and I can't figure out why. I'm realitively new to modding

and I have tried to go about teaching myself but I'm running out of fuel lol. FO3Edit is doing my head in x_X

First off, here's my specs:

Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.00GHz 30 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
PEGATRON CORPORATION 2AD5 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
HP 2311xi (1920x1080@60Hz)
LG TV (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (EVGA) 25 °C
Storage
1397GB Hitachi HDS723015BLA642 (SATA) 29 °C
Optical Drives
hp DVD A DH16ACSHR
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Here is my current loadout that LOOT sorted for me.

(I'm using FOMM and I have FOSE installed. Also, I use a PS3 controller connected via MotionJoy but soon I'll be getting a dongle;

I read somewhere that it can interfer with changing the HUD. iHUD just won't work, no matter what I do. =/ If someone knows a work around for this, I'd appreciate it.)

http://s14.postimg.org/i7mso148x/Screenshot_2014_12_28_01_25_43.png

If someone could shed some light on my issue, I'd be grateful. Thank you :smile:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Download and install BOSS to sort your load order. It is a mess. http://boss-developers.github.io/

Also, read the ReadMe that came with Fellout for tips on arranging your load order.

I have BOSS as well, it didn't do anything different than what LOOT did, so, I just stuck with LOOT. . -.

But I'll check out Fellout... last time I moved a load order, FOMM put it back again lol

EDIT: Okay, I uninstalled Fellout and re-installed it... this time FOMM placed the Fellout.esm at the bottom.

The Read Me file suggested putting Enhanced Weather under Fellout, if I want rain and snow, so I did that.

Are there any other important files I should move?

Edited by LucidLollipop

As I understand your posts, the load order you have in your original post was generated by LOOT and you tried BOSS and there were no changes.

If this is correct, you did not install BOSS properly. I have used BOSS and it will sort your mods correctly and the load order will not resemble a LOOT load order at all.

Graphics
LG TV (1920x1080@60Hz)

That is one hell of a combination.

when the game does run, can you provide a screen shot please?

The 3 pieces of equipment ? I have never seen work right "Together "

As I understand your posts, the load order you have in your original post was generated by LOOT and you tried BOSS and there were no changes.

If this is correct, you did not install BOSS properly. I have used BOSS and it will sort your mods correctly and the load order will not resemble a LOOT load order at all.

Well, the link you provided was the same one I used to dowload BOSS in the first place

but I have been having an issue getting FOMM to recognise BOSS Auto Sort.

It keeps telling me to update FOMM and when I did, it would crash;

so, I looked online and got a fix for that but now it just says that it can't connect to sourceforge. . -.

I couldn't figure it out, so I've just left it and ran BOSS independently.

Edited by LucidLollipop

Graphics

LG TV (1920x1080@60Hz)

That is one hell of a combination.

when the game does run, can you provide a screen shot please?

The 3 pieces of equipment ? I have never seen work right "Together "

Sorry, you want a screen shot of the game through my TV? Lol

Not sure I understand your meaning.

I have my 42" HDTV connected to my computer, so I can play on a bigger screen; is that bad?

Yeah, most TV's today are PC compatible, that's why I asked cuz I use one too.

But the video cards....one built in and one external, so which divers are running the show...and ya know, that TV there ,it talks to that PC and Both cards at the same time. there is VGA and there is HDMI and DVI and so on, so can you provide a simple screen shot of the game?

Or is this a game?

let me make this "perfectly clear..." hit the print screen key while playing the game, some place with a lot of detail...ok, then close , open the root of the game folder, open the *.bmp file you created using the print screen key and and edit with (windows paint brush) click save as *.jpg

you should be able to understand that and upload the shot so I can see whats going on.

you have to see this and read it / comprehend a simple request if you want help ?

Edited by Purr4me