Loadout Help (Random CTD's)

LucidLollipop

ok, progress, now I know the what "was" torn up.

1. Killable Children installed and overwrite what? the log shows this, the installer log for what ever was used shows this.
  2. Devour Gore mod <-- got damaged meaning data was over written ? possibly...yet to discover what if any.
  3. You uninstalled "KC" whats that? (Devour Gore mod) <--?

these are the mods and the data that was effected so think , what would be required to put it back into the state it once was?

Now, you have some mods in the OP listed as Unticked ? hair. um that's a required master you know...a missing master will in fact cause CTD's

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, progress, now I know the what "was" torn up.

1. Killable Children installed and overwrite what? the log shows this, the installer log for what ever was used shows this.
  2. Devour Gore mod <-- got damaged meaning data was over written ? possibly...yet to discover what if any.
  3. You uninstalled "KC" whats that? (Devour Gore mod) <--?

these are the mods and the data that was effected so think , what would be required to put it back into the state it once was?

Now, you have some mods in the OP listed as Unticked ? hair. um that's a required master you know...a missing master will in fact cause CTD's

Well, after I uninstalled Killable Children, I uninstalled and re-installed Devour Gore.

Killable Children didn't ask to write over anything.

and KB is Killable Children, I didn't feel like typing it out again lol

Well, I unticked Hair.esm and all the .esp files (that I know of) because Hair.esm confilcted with something.

I can't remember what it said it conflicted with.

I kept it there because I may use it later.

Edit: Ahh, it said it wasn't comptiable with anything that changed Race, Hair or Eyes.

Edited by LucidLollipop

what is [x] FNVFOV ?

o. O I have no idea... perhaps an .esp that another mod added?

There's no description

Edit: Nevermind, I Googled it. It's better 3rd person aiming.

Edited by LucidLollipop

do you use Fo3edit at all?

here is why I ask, if you run fo3edit just to check for conflicts ,while it holds the listed data in ram, any mods it has, you can drag out to another folder any mods you are not presently using,,,,,,when windows stops and asks you about the problem "unable to move files, you tell it to skip over those.

those are the ones staying in, the remains files not being used are removed from the line of fire.

See, all files that are sitting in the data folder load. Thus you WILL have conflicts, no matter what. The sole purpose of a replace mesh or texture type of mod any mod for that matter is to overwrite things. texture and mesh mods have no esp's or esm's but are in that data folder so they will load.....no matter what.

basically I am teaching you a trick a cool and very fast trick, it's using the system and a tool to prevent mistakes.

those mods are still loading.

do you use Fo3edit at all?

here is why I ask, if you run fo3edit just to check for conflicts ,while it holds the listed data in ram, any mods it has, you can drag out to another folder any mods you are not presently using,,,,,,when windows stops and asks you about the problem "unable to move files, you tell it to skip over those.

those are the ones staying in, the remains files not being used are removed from the line of fire.

See, all files that are sitting in the data folder load. Thus you WILL have conflicts, no matter what. The sole purpose of a replace mesh or texture type of mod any mod for that matter is to overwrite things. texture and mesh mods have no esp's or esm's but are in that data folder so they will load.....no matter what.

basically I am teaching you a trick a cool and very fast trick, it's using the system and a tool to prevent mistakes.

those mods are still loading.

I'm sorry to say that i know very little about FOEdit. I looked over it for a while but I couldn't wrap my head around it.

I understand what it does but I have little to zero knowledge of what all the specifics are.

I understand that the corresponding colours indicate conflicts, no conflicts and resolved conflicts

but I would have no idea what to do with the conflicts... if I should move them, delete them or what. =/

I've only been modding for about a month.

I'm afraid I would need more guidance before I attempt to use the programme.

I know that if done incorrectly, I could really mess something up.

So, I guess you could call me a coward lol

ok, then no rush you can simple remove the mods you do not use out of the data folder to as afe place ...just encase you want them later.

Hair mod installed assets, other mods did too, the same assets, or rather files with the same names..but not the same inside.

it's ok because the game does run, so just remove unneeded plug ins and test it.

ok, then no rush you can simple remove the mods you do not use out of the data folder to as afe place ...just encase you want them later.

Hair mod installed assets, other mods did too, the same assets, or rather files with the same names..but not the same inside.

it's ok because the game does run, so just remove unneeded plug ins and test it.

Okay, I didn't know that; I thought they weren't loaded when unticked.

I'll have to manually remove it, since it was manually installed.

So, that thing you were talking about... if I open FO3Edit and go into Data, I can delete anything not ticked?

Therefore making it easier to find ones I'm not using?

Or did I misunderstand that?