Annoying parts of the game

chrisdragon425

1) Leyawin's secret torture chamber used by that b*tch of a wife to Count Leyawin to torture Argonians...makes me wanna slay that bint in front of the count himself. And being an Argonian lover, that pisses me off >:(

2) Slaying your DB brothers and sisters in the "Purification" quest given to you by Lucien Lachance. Gah, I hated doing that but I killed most of them in their sleep. :huh:

3) Losing any assisting guards in the Oblivion realm, not including stupid stunts as them chasing Daedra into the lava and killing themselves. :glare:

4) Losing any NPCs that can be in the game later from early on (Baurus, Argonian prisoner in MD caves) :wacko:

How about you?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When Imps, Mudcrabs, and Spriggans attack me (ok, not Spriggans, because I have the summon Mehrunes Dagon spell mod, and it replaces the Summon Bear spell, so, OH SH*T!) It also annoys me when I only get one of something (I like to get at least 5 of everything).

I assume we are not talking of the overall game design. I have posted AT LENGTH on that already.

I am slighly annoyed at discovering chests in inaccessible places. (The master chest behind the throne in the Hall of Judgement in Sancre Tor for instance. Unless I missed a secret door?)

I get irritated when I have broken a dozen lockpicks to open a chest with a very hard lock to find it contains only one gold and a lock pick. (There's thievery for you!)

I get very irritated when I get locked inside a house I entered legitimately and get arrested for having to break out (three times now, twice in Umbacano Manor and once in the Brotherhood Betrayed house in Bruma).

I spit flames at the ridiculous lengths I have to go to to keep Farwil alive at the Cheydinhal Oblivion gate. I doubt it is even possible at levels over 5 without cheating. Though it so easy if you cheat of course there is no point in cheating.

I could go on but fear an attack of spontaneous combustion coming on.

when u hav to sit around, and watch Bellamont kill most of the Dark Brotherhood, i could hav taken him out, bfore he got his sword out. >:(

just having to wait in the arena is about the worst game flaw ever. I just wanna fight never mind all of the mumbo jumbo in-between.

The amount of skills that you have at the beginning and in the end and in the middle is just insufficient.

Dylandvillian

The A.I. at some points. I mean the lack of it. I just blasted one bandit of the building, he lands right in front of another bandit, who is just standing there. Hello, one of your friends just dropped of the building??!! A.I.: Abnormal Intelligence?

The Sirens' Deception quest. Storywise, the facts don't tally up with the actions and thus it is completely senseless. On the good side, it gives me a really satisfying "blood ticket" to the Dark Brotherhood when I avenge myself upon Gogan and Maenlona for their trickery.

"The Anvil City Watch would love to have you..."

"No. I don't think they'd want me once I'm done with you..."

Two things. Well, three.

1. Psychic AI. By that I mean when I sneak attack one baddie, get an insta-kill, and two seconds later all of his buddies who could neither see nor hear the event rush into the room and slaughter me. The same goes for guards- I don't get how I can be in the basement of a house with walls four feet thick and still the homeowner's cries for help get answered by guards on the other side of the district.

2. The occasional AI that is protected against sneak attacks. You know the ones... you manage to get all the way up behind them without being seen, pull out your weapon, stick he/she/it in the back, and watch as...*Sneak attack for 1x damage!* ...your intended victim turns around, grins, and smashes your skull in with an enchanted warhammer. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of having a sneak attack bonus?

3. Having to dismount your horse, the slow way, before attacking. I refuse to use horses most of the time just because of that. There ought to be an option for a quicker dismount in combat- i.e. if you hit, say ctrl-use instead of use alone, your character vaults off the horse, consuming fatigue but able to jump right into the action. Without that, horses are either a huge inconvenience or a very good reason to run away from every single encounter.

...2. The occasional AI that is protected against sneak attacks. You know the ones... you manage to get all the way up behind them without being seen, pull out your weapon, stick he/she/it in the back, and watch as...*Sneak attack for 1x damage!* ...your intended victim turns around, grins, and smashes your skull in with an enchanted warhammer. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of having a sneak attack bonus?

That's easy to explain: You do not get any critical strike modifiers on a sneak attack with a two-handed weapon. Only one-handers.