Fallout New Vegas and Regional Versions

WizardOfAtlantis

So, New Vegas is coming (as if we were living in a Vault and didn't already know...), and I was wondering if New Vegas was going to be the same pain in the cahoots that Fallout 3 was, mainly that there are different versions of the dam game based on where you live.

Of course, I want the US version of the game as that is what the world mods on (and it's my mother tongue). I, however, live in Italy, and the closest thing to US retail is Amazon UK and Ebay.

Does anybody know the status of this already? Are they going to release one version or is it going to be multiple versions again? Can't they make language plugins or something?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any info.

Can't they make language plugins or something?

They could easily do the localized versions as mods. They could easily do localized versions as freely-downloadable DLC (seriously, why the heck not?), or even include several on the retail disc. With Steam, they could easily sell any language version, anywhere.

Will they?

I don't know.

Can't they make language plugins or something?

They could easily do the localized versions as mods. They could easily do localized versions as freely-downloadable DLC (seriously, why the heck not?), or even include several on the retail disc. With Steam, they could easily sell any language version, anywhere.

Will they?

I don't know.

Is that how FO3 works now on Steam? They sell multiple language versions? Or do they just sell the us version? Can you buy any language regardless of where you live? I hate programs that automatically assume I want something in Italian (google, etc) because I live in Italy. Fluency isn't the point.

I don't know anything about Steam, other than I like the name and a lot of people are (to be not-so-gratuitous with the pun) hot under the collar about it.

And thanks for the info, evilneko.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as i know you cant mod Steam games

WRONG

This issue was already fixed for Oblivion, and Fallout 3 is absolutely fine with Steam in terms of modding.

WRONGThis issue was already fixed for Oblivion, and Fallout 3 is absolutely fine with Steam in terms of modding.

Well i don't have Oblivion or Fallout 3 for Steam. i have the non-Steam Versions, and saying "WRONG" is very rude. you could of put it a nicer way for example "Yes you can Mod Fallout NV. Steam has allowed modding with Oblivion and Fallout 3"

WRONGThis issue was already fixed for Oblivion, and Fallout 3 is absolutely fine with Steam in terms of modding.

Well i don't have Oblivion or Fallout 3 for Steam. i have the non-Steam Versions, and saying "WRONG" is very rude. you could of put it a nicer way for example "Yes you can Mod Fallout NV. Steam has allowed modding with Oblivion and Fallout 3"

Stop spreading false info first.

All Steam games are capable of being modded. I have a few mods for other Steam games such as Half-Life 2 and the Witcher. So technically, you're just behind or stuck on Steam v1.0?