No zoom while reloading

nescafegull

No zoom while reloading is a standard feature in most games. What I am thinking about here is a script that adds a no zoom while reloading mechanic. The mod checks when the player fires a scope enabled bolt action weapon and temporarily disables the scope, or force him out of scope mode in some way for x amount of time. This then works for reloading all weapons to prevent the player from being able to see through his scope while reloading as well. This would most certainly be an essential mod for me. Though I'm not entierly sure if any of this is doable, I assume it's entierly possible to force character states through scripting. Hopefully an experienced scripter had this idea already and just needed an incetive.

Yeah I think so, there's a NVSE function called disableControl and it allows you to disable block/aim (and enableControl to re-enable the key). There's also some other functions that will be useful. GetWeaponAnimReloadTime will tell you how long to keep teh key disabled. Not a scripting guy, but I think the pieces are there, for someone a little more apt.