Truly Blind Falmer?

NGGMDG

In the land of Skyrim, many creatures await you. One specific race of elves- The Falmer. You see, Falmer are blind fellows, yet have a heightened sense of smell and hearing. As you can see, they are unable to see, but are able to use a bow and hit you, precisely. Sure, they may be able to hear you, but in reality- Wouldn't they not know the difference between someone moving around behind a wall, and someone moving around out in the open?

Side Note: Just a simple thought, I'm certain something of this logic could be made into a mod- Or maybe i am missing a key point, Criticism is much appreciated.

Perhaps these Falmer are actually still blind, but use something of a "Dectect Aura" spell/power, &/or they have very finely tuned senses [of smell, touch, &/or hearing/ echolocation]?

If some mod was to be made, I would imagine the Falmer bow would either need be changed or shown as glowing with life once a detect spell is cast.

IIRC the falmer NPCs actually have a special perk added that prevents them from using visual detection. Someone once uploaded a mod to fix instances of this perk being accidently applied to the player, which apparently (I've never encountered that bug myself) turned your screen black?

So for all gameplay purposes, the falmer ARE blind.

Have you ever known someone who is blind? Some of what they can do using their other senses will amaze you. They tend to develop a sort of echo location sense that allows them to know about where a wall is, how big a room is and even where doorways are. A moving person will affect this to a certain degree. They can detect the heat given off by a person and tell where and how far away they are ( not good at long distances) I once watched a blind woman ( wife of a friend) slicing tomatoes - she did a better job and faster than I could have. She knew exactly where every item in her kitchen was and loved to cook. She identified spices by smell - and she could juggle full wine bottles :ohmy:

IIRC the falmer NPCs actually have a special perk added that prevents them from using visual detection. Someone once uploaded a mod to fix instances of this perk being accidently applied to the player, which apparently (I've never encountered that bug myself) turned your screen black?

So for all gameplay purposes, the falmer ARE blind.

That could be due to familiarity with the environment they exist in. Being down there for so long probably caused them to adapt to THAT place. In a realistic sense, from the knowledge i have right now anyways- It would be difficult for them to function in a place that isn't their home.