Working on a Custom Trait, Need Advice

EverybodysSenpai

First time posting here. I've made a few mods for my own personal use; mainly custom weapons with a few altered stats. I'm making a custom trait at the moment, and I find myself a mite stuck on some of the more complicated ideas that I have for it. As such, any answers you fine folks would care to give me would be greatly appreciated.

1. Is it possible for a trait to also confer perks? Could I, for instance, make a trait that would give the player the Cowboy and Gunslinger perks once the trait was selected? If so, how would I go about doing so?
  2. Is it possible for a trait to alter the values of hunger restored by various food types (making some food items restore less hunger and making others restore more)? If so, how?

1. Easy. Make a new quest, add a stage, and add the perks to the player in the stage's result script. Then add a new perk entry to your trait, select 'Quest' and point it to the correct stage number.

2. This is problematic. Only way I see this working, is by editing all food items to restore different amounts of hunger depending on the player owning the trait. This is a messy way of doing it, because it will conflict with any other mods editing food items. Since this is just for your personal use, I say go ahead and try it, but be prepared to load up FNVEdit and build some compatibility patches.