Just joined PC Master Race. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Shadowbndg

So I just got a new pc and have been having fun bumbling through the mods here. Now however I've had to uninstall everything due to my ignorance. When I did this, I discovered I had 3 snow mods, 2 blood mods, 2 water mods, a ton of sexy mods that are completely redunant to each other.

So now I'm asking veterans.

Would someone be cool and help a noob out with a list of mods and what load order they should be in?

What I'm looking for specifically is things to make the game look & sound better with a dash of sexy thrown in while still keeping it as immersive as possible.

I discovered I had 3 snow mods, 2 blood mods, 2 water mods, a ton of sexy mods that are completely redunant to each other.

<snip>

What I'm looking for specifically is things to make the game look & sound better with a dash of sexy thrown in while still keeping it as immersive as possible.

Resisting the urge to scream Ein Kard! Ein Disk! Ein Processor! at your rather insultingly juvenile thread title,

NO.

No one can do that for you as there are thousands and thousands of mods. And probably no one ever will, as people do not like being insulted by reformed Konsole Kiddies, the Bane of All that is Good in modern CPRGs, even if they HAVE seen the light. :mad:

BUT, NEVER use more than one mod that does the same thing or overlaps too much.

In fact, try one or two mods at a time, as trying 176 different mods in one go is a School Boy error that is guaranteed to break your game and leave you very little chance of working out what is causing the problem.

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE.

Get SKSE.

Get USKP and the other Unofficial Patches for any DLC you have.

UDGP, UHFP, UDBP.

Get The Paarthurnax Dilemma, When Vampires Attack (requires Dawnguard) and Run For Your Lives by Arthmoor. I consider these to be bug fix mods every bit as much as USKP.

Get LOOT to sort your mod load order.

I would also get SkyUI, but if you are used to a controller, you may not need it. But it also has MCM built in, so I would suggest searching the Nexus for SkyUI and SkyUI Away, which let's you use MCM with the horrible, dreadful, broken Konsole interface.

Then get the S.T.E.P. Guide and it will tell you most of what you want to know about graphics improvements and other similar mods.

Steer clear of anything requiring Wrye Bash or TESVEdit, as that is far too advanced for you at the moment.

~

Edited to add links

Erhm... I don't feel at all insulted by this "reformed console kiddie". Not entirely sure what the venom above is all about (maybe I missed something?), but whatever. Welcome to the Nexus.

As notmyhome suggested, you'll want to make sure you're running a vanilla install again before you start worrying about mods. You can use the STEP guide for this which might be faster; or you can simply delete your Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim folder and re-install the game entirely, which might be more effective - you're less likely to miss something if everything is deleted, after all.

The best advice anyone can give you, though, would be to watch

series. Gopher is effectively (to me, at any rate) the authority around here on modding Skyrim, despite his minimal interaction with the forums themselves. He knows his stuff, has a sincere desire to help people out, and has a simple, easy to follow style that I found incredibly helpful when I first started playing a modded Skyrim. It may seem like a lot of watching, but I definitely recommend resisting the urge to jump ahead; watch the entire series - there's a lot of information you'll be grateful for, I promise, including basic reviews of most of the lighting, weather, etc. style mods that most people would recommend in a thread like this anyway. Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

Yeah, I know it's a stupid title, but since you responded I guess it worked.

No, it did no such thing.

I responded in SPITE of your offensive title and because the deleted response before mine did almost nothing but insult you for what it perceived as your utter stupidity.

I find it personally offensive as it betokens a certain attitude and an outlook and then ascribes that attitude and outlook to ME.

I am personally offended in exactly the same way as if your title had been:

"I am also Free, White and Twenty-One, please help me"

~

Shadey,

I love your recommendations. Nice. However, I'm interested that you and others recommend LOOT. i haven't tried it, i use BOSS and tES5edit for errors and load order.

Any particular reason you prefer LOOT? I'll try it out if it's recommended.

Shadey,

I love your recommendations. Nice. However, I'm interested that you and others recommend LOOT. i haven't tried it, i use BOSS and tES5edit for errors and load order.

Any particular reason you prefer LOOT? I'll try it out if it's recommended.

It newer, boss is old now. It will never get any updates.