Cheat engine table information.

Beriallord

I got it to work by following these instructions.

1. Attach Cheat Engine to DA:I

2. Open the Cheat Table

3. Activate the Inventory Editor, the Shop Inventory Editor, and the Infinite Shop Supply

4. Go to the shop and buy a schematic. It will say supply of 1000 but usually it'll still just allow you to buy one. That is fine.

5. Immediately sell the schematic you just bought.

6. In the Shop Editor, it should now be populated with the value under "Item Name".

7. Click the "Change" tickbox and enter in a new schematic, doesn't matter which, I mostly just use this to differentiate which schematic it'll show up as, for easy clarification.

8. Exit the shop menu and enter back in.

9. The schematic should now be available with supply 1000 again. This time it should be actually infinite.

10. DO NOT EXIT the Shop Screen again before finishing at this point.

11. Untick then re-tick "Change" under "Shop Editor" and enter desired schematic.

12. Buy the schematic you want.

13. Rinse and repeat. Exit the shop screen when you are done.

14. Untick the Shop Editor, the Inventory Editor, and Infinite Shop Supply

15. This is important, you have to fast travel somewhere in order to get the inventory to refresh. It can be on the same map, but ideally just go to another map.

16. You should have the new schematics now whenever you go to the Crafting stations.

Finally!

I got it to work with your guide.

I tried two other guides that didn't work for me and almost gave up.

The difference between your and the two others was opening the 'Infinite Shop Supply'. I guess this is important somehow.

Also "11. Untick then re-tick "Change" under "Shop Editor" and enter desired schematic."

It works for me. I can buy any schematic I want.

After buying the item and exiting the Shop I make a save and exit the game completely. I shut down Cheat Engine and start all over again. One single item at a time.

It takes time, I admit, but it works.

So, thank you for this explanation and guide, GaiusMartius!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the person earlier in this post was referring to this bug;

http://puu.sh/gumgM.jpg

Where by following the instructions in OP you get a whatever schematic you edited replicated with the "name" of the item you wanted in place of the original items name. However the schematic it is tied to does not change (please notice the right hand side still shows schematic for armor legs not for a full armor set.

The result is a very broken schematic system that stops you crafting anything that has glitched - been trying to see if I can get CE to remove the schematics affected or similar ways around it.

When I use GaiusMartius' method I have no problems at all. I get the schematics I want. And the shop also still has stock left next time I visit. Means I can do it over and over again if I care untill all schematics are drained from the list.

I have noticed though, that the schematics you get by cheating this way will not appear in the shops/chests later on. The game has registered you have it and avoids duplicate items. It apparently checks your schematic list regularly.

Last time I arrived at the merchant store in The Hissing Wastes there was almost nothing for sale. Five or six items I think.

I follow the schematic steps as you say and it still crashes my game I am not sure why. Could it be something they changed in patch 5? or whatever is the most current patch atm? To clarify it crashes at step 8.

Edited by Ortanith

I follow the schematic steps as you say and it still crashes my game I am not sure why. Could it be something they changed in patch 5? or whatever is the most current patch atm? To clarify it crashes at step 8.

Yes, they certainly have. Bioware has heavily moderated the game exe. Mostly they have removed exploits.

Cheat Engine doesn't work with the CT files posted on the CE forum. I use Patch 2 because I know it works with this version.

Do you still have Patch 2? Or didn't you make any backup before updating?

You don't have access to the Dragon Age Keep unless you upgrade. But if you start your game with Patch 2 and have everything as you like you can just update. Of course you can't have your personal story you created in previous games. That's the price you pay. But if you don't care about transfering your story line it doesn't matter.

I made the Triss character with all crafting materials where she just arrived in Haven, level 27 and all inquisition perks. 3.000 samples of each dragon crafting material is more enough for this game, and the DLC's.

To be honest I think Bioware is stepping over the line. They are trying to control the game completely, and they use a wide aspect of tools to reach this.

They have to understand that there's a lot of people who doesn't want to play their games as they want us to. The fixes and control elements in this game have become too dominating. The fun and freedom is gone at the same time.

<snip>

To be honest I think Bioware is stepping over the line. They are trying to control the game completely, and they use a wide aspect of tools to reach this.

They have to understand that there's a lot of people who doesn't want to play their games as they want us to. The fixes and control elements in this game have become too dominating. The fun and freedom is gone at the same time.

Or one could wait until there is a stable version of the game before modding it. The problem isn't that BioWare is deliberately crippling mods, although that is an effect of the patches. It's that they're correcting coding errors in the original release. I'll bet that all the CE tweaks will work fine once they're re-written for the "final" version.

As a point of reference, the final patch for DA:O, (1.05, correcting some specific DLC authorization and DX-10/10.1 video card problems) was released almost exactly two years after the game's debut, and even 1.04, (the last patch effecting content) was issued over eight months after the game's initial release.

<snip>

Or one could wait until there is a stable version of the game before modding it. The problem isn't that BioWare is deliberately crippling mods, although that is an effect of the patches. It's that they're correcting coding errors in the original release. I'll bet that all the CE tweaks will work fine once they're re-written for the "final" version.

As a point of reference, the final patch for DA:O, (1.05, correcting some specific DLC authorization and DX-10/10.1 video card problems) was released almost exactly two years after the game's debut, and even 1.04, (the last patch effecting content) was issued over eight months after the game's initial release.

Hey so I am having the same issue. The game crashes when I reopen the shop however I am not sure what pacth im on but the infinity shop cheat for instance that works no problem. Could my patch be blocking but that cheat still in tact? can you downgrade pacthes without a re-install and starting my save over?

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm curious, is it possible to modfiy research items with this? I have too many research items due to using a trainer and when I try to turn them in at the table my game crashes. The can't be destroyed or sold so I can't think of any other way to get rid of them.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm curious, is it possible to modfiy research items with this? I have too many research items due to using a trainer and when I try to turn them in at the table my game crashes. The can't be destroyed or sold so I can't think of any other way to get rid of them.

No. You can only duplicate certain items with Infinite Shop Supply.

Some quest related items are not stackable. But you can sometimes change the item via a shop window one at a time.

Rings, belts and amulets are not normally stackable. But you can make them. It's a bit tricky though.

Sell a level 1 ring to the merchant in Val Royeaux. Let's pick the common '+5% Armor Penetration' (grey). You want the purple level 3 'Superb Ring Of Armor Penetration'.

Sell the common grey item to the merchant. Do NOT close the shop window but go to 'Buy back' and buy 1, then one more, and the third time the stock will be infinite (1000).

Go to CE and change the item in the 'Change' box.

Go back to the 'Buy back' window and buy the desired amount.

Leave the shop.

Check in you inventory that the items are there with the right value, colors and desciption.

See my answer below for an step to step guide:

<snip>

Hey so I am having the same issue. The game crashes when I reopen the shop however I am not sure what pacth im on but the infinity shop cheat for instance that works no problem. Could my patch be blocking but that cheat still in tact? can you downgrade pacthes without a re-install and starting my save over?

I have used olegbl's "Allgames.CT" with Patch 6 (v45 (all game versions)) with both pacth 2 and 6.

The Inventory Editor, the Shop Inventory Editor, and the Infinite Shop Supply works just fine.

Be aware that the path is case sensitive. This is important. I tested it several times:

Not working:

da3/equipment/crafting/materials/cloth/recipe_material_dragon_webbing

Working:

DA3/Equipment/Crafting/Materials/Cloth/recipe_material_dragon_webbing

Example fro weapon/armor schematics in Val Royeaux:

Open DAI

Go to the shop

Save your game

Open CE

Open The Inventory Editor, the Shop Inventory Editor, and the Infinite Shop Supply

Open the shop window, buy a schematic (doesn't matter which) and sell it back immediately WITHOUT closing the shop window

Press you Windows button and go to your DAI Item List (*.txt)

Copy the desired shematic

Go to CE and tick 'Change' in the 'Shop Inventory Editor (check if the item changes in the above line)

Go back to DAI and CLOSE the shop window

Wait a few seconds and open it again

Find the desired item you want - it should now be visible - DON*T BUY IT YET! And don't close the shop window. Don't do anything!

Tab Windows button and go to CE again

Untick the 'Change' and then tick it back again - it will confirm it has changed the adress for the second time

Go back to DAI and the shop window which is still open

Buy the schematic and close the window this time.

The shematic is now yours.

I always use the specified shop to buy the items I want. Herbs at a merchant who also sells herbs, schematics at a shop who sells schematics etc.

If the shop has no access to the database you will crash.

Example of how the herbs and amulet shops work for me (Hinterlands and val Royeaux):

I want Nevarrite and Dragon Bones but have only Iron in my inventory.

I move iron to my Valuables and sell 5 items.

Go to 'Buy Back' and buy 1, then one more, and the third time the stock will be infinite (1000).

Don't leave the Buy Back Window. Don't do anything!

Tab Windows button and get the item from the DAI Item List.

Copy and paste it into the 'Change' box in CE.

Wait a second and go back to the Buy back Window in DAI. - You will notice the item hasn't changed yet.

Now close the shop window and wait a few seconds.

I re-open the shop window and go to 'Buy Back'.

And voila! Suddenly I have 1000 Dragon Scales.

So, now I want Nevarrite.

To get these I just sell 5 iron again. You can get all crafting materials by using a single item for all of them. DAI changes the item internally when you close the window. It will not be double as it now recognizes the iron as Nevarrite and not iron.

Fade Touched

If you want Fade-Touched you have to have at least one item to sell. Do not try to change iron into Fade-Touched Iron. It won't work.

Collect some Iron in haven or the Hinterlands. It doesn't take that long. As soon as you have found the first Fade-Touched the game gives you access to these items. Not before this happens. I've tested it several times.

With one single Fade'Touched you can get all teh Fade-Touched materials there is in the game.

Start with the Hinterlands merchant. Open The Inventory Editor, the Shop Inventory Editor, and the Infinite Shop Supply.

Sell him the single item you have and DON'T CLOSE THE SHOP WINDOW!

Go to Buy Back instead and buy 1, then one more, and the third time the stock will be infinite (1000). Now buy 999 items.

Close the shop window. You now have 1001 Fade-Touched Iron.

Just to be sure you UNTICK the 'Change' box, then close the Inventory Editor, the Shop Inventory Editor, and the Infinite Shop Supply. If you don't do this your saves can be buggy later on because remnances from the CE script is still attached in this save.

Travel to Haven and save your game.

Now close the game entirely. Go to Menu and exit normally to desktop.

Start the game again and travel to the merchant in the Hinterlands. Save your game before you do anything.

Move the Fade-Touched Iron to your 'valuables'.

Open the shop and do the exact same thing as describes above when I wanted to change Iron into Dragon Bone. Only this time is doesn't matter if you change metal to cloth because the merchant has none of these items already.

Sell 5 Fade-Touched Iron at a time and turn them into whatever you like (also Essence of Perfection and Rune Stones).