MrSitar420

Just interested in how exactly my computer specs compare to others who also moderately mod their Skyrim game. Not exactly the most computer literate, but I feel I haven't don't too bad of a job so far with what I have gotten away with. Please feel free to give me any suggestions or tips to help improve my gameplay.

Current system specs: Intel Core I-7 4710HQ @ 2.5 Ghz (TurboBoost to 3.5 Ghz by default) w/ 8GB of system RAM. Nvidia GTX 860M w/ 2GB of DDR5 RAM. I play 1600x900 resolution (believe my native is 1920x1080) It's a laptop.

My Mods (random order, not the load order or install order)

-Better Dynamic Snow

-Brighter Torches w/ Bigger Radius

-Cinematic Fire FX 2

-Cloaks of Skyrim 1-2

-Enhanced Blood Textures

-Ethereal Auroras 1.0

-immersive Armors v7.1

-Immersive Weapons

-JK's Skyrim
-Optimized Vanilla Textures

-Project Reality Climates of Tamriel

-Realistic Water Two w/ Realistic Water Two- ENB textures

-Real Vision 262C

-Ruins Clutter Improved

-Skyfall Skymills

-Skygazer Moons

- The Whole Skyrim HD 2K texture pack

-SkyUI

-Static Mesh Improvement

-Supreme and Volumetric Fog

-Supreme Storms

-The Skyrim Distance Overall

-Unofficial Skyrim Patch

-Unofficial Skyrim HD texture Patch

-Wet and Cold

^These are all currently updated also.

I did at one time use the Skyrim Flora Overhaul Mod, but for some odd reason that was the most taxing thing to my overall FPS. It dropped it into the lower teens around 10-15 average and it was not smooth at all. I'm sure I may have just done something wrong. I have edited my ENB ini's a little bit, but nothing is below the medium quality. I just learned the value of having things installed in the proper order and having them load in the proper order! Originally all those mods ran and it brought my GPU to 90-93 degrees Celsius. Now it stays at a cool 65-69 degrees Celsius.

I do OC my GPU memory clock by 500 Mhz because that brought my average FPS to stay around 30-40 depending upon where I am at. If I'm inside a building or dungeon I get almost 45FPS. Walking out in the open of Skyrim it might fall to 30-32 FPS if I'm in intensive combat. I use the V-sync within my Nvidia Control Panel because I personally have gotten a lot better results from that than ENB's in game V-sync option. I use ENB's SMAA besides FXAA. I just seem to get a pretty decent performance boost and I honestly can't tell the difference.
I read in the forums that a lot of people get CTD's. I have never experienced one and when I monitor my RAM usage the highest I have ever seen it go to was around 5100MB being used and that usually occurs when I walk out of a building that leads to the open world. Sorry for the ramble of information I just wanted to see if I'm doing pretty good with my system specs and edits within my ini's. Or should I be getting better results? Any help is appreciated and Thank you to all the modders who made these fantastic mods and the Nexus community. I don't know if I could ever play Skyrim, Oblivion, or FONV in Vanilla again.

Edited by MrSitar420