Problem with Sabre Cat nif?

Karibdyss

I'm having a problem with my nif file. I am following MultiDarkdavid's tutorial on how to add new custom creatures. Im trying to make a new creature based off of the sabrecat's skeleton. It looks fine in CK. But when I enter Skyrim and spawn it, it instantly deforms into a glob of the mesh. Is there something wrong with the way I did it or is it the sabrecats nif file itself? Because I did the same steps for another creature of mine and it worked fine. But this sabrecat based nif. won't even let me preview any animations in CK!!!!

Has anyone else had any problems with the sabrecat's skeleton? and did you find an answer to this problem?

Here's my NIF if you need a look at it <Warg>

Okay, my problems have become more obscure....

The reason my creature was deforming was because of me making it part of a new custom race. When I made it part of the SabreCat Race and change the skin to my creature's skin, it works as expected...

BUT this means that it always will be apart of the "SabreCat" family. This makes it hard to make it part of the Wolfkin faction because they will attack eachother if I remove the SabreCat faction. And if I try to make a new race, it deforms again.

IS THERE A WAY TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE??????

Here is my NIF if you need to take a look at it <NewWarg>

Okay, I'm unsure as to your problem. How exactly were you originally trying to put it into the CK? It works fine using the Sabrecat skeleton and behaviours. Only the NPC creatures will require the Wolf Faction, and adding that doesn't deform the mesh. The mesh looks to be weighted to the Sabrecat skeleton, so you'll have to use that skeleton or it won't work, and will deform. My advice. Duplicate Sabre cat race, rename it Warg or whatever (You then have the skeleton and the behaviour files).

Then for the creatures you intend to add to the actual world, you simply add them to the wolf faction (or duplicate the factions in encwolf). It should be in the wolf faction then and won't attack them, unless you set their aggression to frenzied.

EDIT:

Just to add, the skinning is weird. Parts of the stomach are skinned to the front legs causing it to stretch in odd ways when animated.

Edited by Hallgarth

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I was making the custom race wrong way!!!!!

Now they are their own race with their own faction!!!!!!! Things are as they should be!!!!

...and yeah.. I have to go back and fix the mesh since there are many issues with it, like the weights and the head clipping.....

but THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!