Deer/Elk Animations in 3ds Max issues?

ellegirl01

Hello. I am having trouble importing the deer/elk animations. It's the strangest thing, because I can load other creature animations just fine in 3ds max 2010, but when I try with the deer/elk the meshes collapse.

Literally. They COLLAPSE.

I noticed there's only one skeleton.hkx in the Character Assets folder, but there are two .nif files in the meshes folder: skeleton, and skeleton_male. But I went on ahead and used the one skeleton.hkx, converted it to .kf, and imported it and an animation into 3ds.

Again: with the other actors/creatures the animations work just fine when I follow these steps. Like, here's an animation of my old buddy Alduin perched on a wordwall:

tumblr_nhm3p1PdPn1saihkvo1_1280.jpg

I can load all the animations for other animals I've tried with no issues whatsoever.

But....

Here is the skeleton for the deer/elk:

tumblr_nhm3p1PdPn1saihkvo2_1280.jpg

Here is an animation of it idle foraging:
tumblr_nhm3p1PdPn1saihkvo3_1280.jpg

Here is an animation of it attacking, about to kick the dragonborn in the face:

tumblr_nhm3p1PdPn1saihkvo4_1280.jpg

But as soon as I import the mesh (this one's the reindeer_skin.nif, for example) :

tumblr_nhm3p1PdPn1saihkvo5_1280.jpg

Satan's baby! :sad:

The animation stops working, the skeleton crumbles up, and the mesh distorts and deforms like something out of the exorcist! :blink: That one was actually one of the BETTER results, actually.

So what is wrong? Does anyone have any trouble getting animations working on the deer/elk? Is there something I'm missing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, because I'm at my wit's end here.

Edited by ellegirl01