Mod Request "Poll"

EvilDeadAsh34

I'm trying to figure out potential future projects so i'm posting this topic to gather requests... I know this may not be very effective since i don't think many people visit the forums but it's better than cluttering my mod comments.

(note: Just because you request it doesn't mean it will be done. I can't do everything so please understand this upfront.)

I have a couple rules on what to NOT ask for because i won't do them and If you request either of the following just know it won't even be considered.

NO mashups

NO joke mods

Any full armor set, weapon or item suggested will be considered and the more requests for a particular item will go to the front of the line. Okay, request away...

I'm trying to figure out potential future projects so i'm posting this topic to gather requests... I know this may not be very effective since i don't think many people visit the forums but it's better than cluttering my mod comments.

(note: Just because you request it doesn't mean it will be done. I can't do everything so please understand this upfront.)

I have a couple rules on what to NOT ask for because i won't do them and If you request either of the following just know it won't even be considered.

NO mashups

NO joke mods

Any full armor set, weapon or item suggested will be considered and the more requests for a particular item will go to the front of the line. Okay, request away...

well first thing it comes to mind apart from the ornstein retext wich you already saw it's a major patching of the game (DX9) with the updated graphics/lightning enemy increse etc. and or a direct DX11 patch for the DX) when scholar of the first sin drops in april. i mean we all know that it should be a patch anyway, make us buy the whole game again for DX11 compatibilities it's a fraud

Hey! First time poster here with a request for a mod. I really like the Royal Soldier's set, but unfortunately the shield which matches that set, the shield the Royal Soldiers use in the Giant's Memories, isn't available in the game. The only version of that shield is the Hollow Soldiers Shield, which is kinda garbage. Is there anyway you could retexture another shield to look like the shield the Royal Soldiers use?http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Be+wary+of+sadness+i+was+going+to+make+a_880e9b_5218468.jpg

another shiled is unlikely BUT it should pose 0 problem for ash to resytore the available one to match the "restored" look it has in the moenories, actually he already did this stuff a couple of times with some armor sets, if i recal correctly even with the soldire set...or it was the knight?...hmm anywas it should be very easy to do this

another shiled is unlikely BUT it should pose 0 problem for ash to resytore the available one to match the "restored" look it has in the moenories, actually he already did this stuff a couple of times with some armor sets, if i recal correctly even with the soldire set...or it was the knight?...hmm anywas it should be very easy to do this

Well what I mean is to take the texture of the clean version and put it on another, preferably better shield. I don't want it on the Hollow Soldiers shield because, well it's a garbage shield. I was thinking more like retexturing the Drangleic Shield or the Royal Kite Shield since they match the shape best.

That said beggars can't be choosers, so its Ash's call if he even feels like doing it. I think it is worth it since the Royal Soldiers set is actually pretty popular, at least in the early game, and it be great to have the matching shield for fashions sake. Definitely one of my personal favorites.

Another request, if I may. Is it possible to make a mod that recolors spell effects? I have been looking at Silversmith's mods for the retextured Black Dragon Armor and the Royal Dragonslayer Spear, and I want to know if you can recolor the lightning spells, as well the lightning projectile attack of the Dragonslayer Spear. It would be awesome to roll around in the all blue version of those mods and also be throwing blue lightning spears.

I heard that there is a way to make "custom" spells and stuff, so I would assume it is fairly simple to just swap the color pallet of the spell effects.

I also am pretty sure that a white colored lightning effect is already in the game, since both the Syan Knights and the Mirror Knight use lighting attacks that are white instead of yellow.

Edited by Squallixer

Another request, if I may. Is it possible to make a mod that recolors spell effects? I have been looking at Silversmith's mods for the retextured Black Dragon Armor and the Royal Dragonslayer Spear, and I want to know if you can recolor the lightning spells, as well the lightning projectile attack of the Dragonslayer Spear. It would be awesome to roll around in the all blue version of those mods and also be throwing blue lightning spears.

I heard that there is a way to make "custom" spells and stuff, so I would assume it is fairly simple to just swap the color pallet of the spell effects.

I also am pretty sure that a white colored lightning effect is already in the game, since both the Syan Knights and the Mirror Knight use lighting attacks that are white instead of yellow.

what you describe is been made and it is easily replicable with CE. i don't know if a proper "mod" can be done to constantli change the ffect of some spells or attacks tough

@Squallixer

I'll take a look at what can be done about the shield, i would be more inclined to make if for the Royal Kite Shield though because the Drangleic Shield is part of a larger set and i hate breaking sets. We'll see, though. As for spell effect colors that is a much tougher one and i know a lot of the time they can't be changed with textures alone. At least not that i've found. The hardest part is actually identifying the texture that changes the color, if there is even one to begin with. There are so many tiny files that are extremely difficult to identify that it's almost not worth the effort. Hopefully you can achieve your desired effects doing what @tsuchinokoultimate suggests.

@tsuchinokoultimate

I'll have to e-mail you or PM you about the Ornstein stuff. Do you have a playthrough where the Old Dragonslayer is alive? I don't want to ascetic that area to get him back lol. It's nice and empty there right now and it's perfect for mod making, that's why don't want to ascetic.

Edited by EvilDeadAsh34

Hi. Well the only armor set i really would like to see restored would be sanctum set, its an awesome set by it self but some holes just :/(also is it possible to remove the glow from the boots?)
I dont think there is much left to remake here, of course you always make some unexpected mods that are awesome and i cant understand how i could have played with ugly standart version. other small remakes that could be made probaly is mad warrior set those small broken armor holes and Auruos set recolor, the armor is awesome but the colors of it just strange. Oh and maybe remake that heide set?

Hi. Well the only armor set i really would like to see restored would be sanctum set, its an awesome set by it self but some holes just :/(also is it possible to remove the glow from the boots?)

I dont think there is much left to remake here, of course you always make some unexpected mods that are awesome and i cant understand how i could have played with ugly standart version. other small remakes that could be made probaly is mad warrior set those small broken armor holes and Auruos set recolor, the armor is awesome but the colors of it just strange. Oh and maybe remake that heide set?

I really want to remake the Heide Set. As for the sanctum set i'd have to dump the textures and see what can be changed (like the glow).