New warrior play through. Need your opinion!

vCoin

Hello! I'm thinking of making a warrior only type character. I'm going to use skyre, frostfall and few mods that go well with it to have really immersive play :)

However, I'm kinda roleplayerish so I'm having problem with what questlines I want to play. I'd like to play many questlines to get a high lvl character because I've never gotten past 30 or so. I also have all dlc's now, which are all new to me.

I was thinking about the main quest for sure along with the civil war one. Thieves/mages/db are pretty much out of question. I think the dragonborn dlc quest would go well with this, right?

From RP perspective would it fit to join the dawnguard too, cause I'd love to do them both on this play through. Also if I join it do I become a werewolf or need to be part of the companions too? Would all this be "too much" for Dovakhiin? If you know what I mean.

Thank you if you read the whole long post :) Can't wait to hear your opinions!

If you want to become a werewolf, you have to go most of the way though the Companions questline, which definitely fits with your warrior model. Dawnguard gives you the option to become a Vampire Lord, not a werewolf, and I think a serious sword-waver would find he had plenty of things to kill doing it. As a side note to this, if you don't want to become a vampire, do the Companions first because once you're a werewolf, you don't have to worry about being infected with sanguirus vampirus (pretty sure I spelled that wrong) while fighting vampires.

Dragonborn is more about shouting than melee-type stuff, though there is still plenty of hacking and slashing to be done and some of the Black Books can give you some useful buffs.

Another suggestion if you want to level your character would be to do the Lost to the Ages quest, one of the rewards at the end is the Aetherial Crown, which allows you to have two standing stone abiites active at the same time. You could then have the Warrior Stone and the Lover Stone which would allow you to level your skill faster.

Thanks for the reply.

I know I can be a vampire lord, but I can join Dawnguard that hunts them, right? And they use the werewolf skill tree so I figured if I need to be a companions member too..?

That quests which makes two standingstones usable sounds awesome, must look into it!

Vampire lords have their own skill trees, with that said, you can be one in both sides of the DLC.

If you really wanna join the war, do it right away. I joined and became 25 with a slow uncapper ini. You are sure to be 30 or something. The war is kind of hard, so level up a bit.

Hi, this is just my opinion and what I would do if I started a warrior playthrough focused on RP:

I would join Dawnguard but only to fight the vampire problem and not to become a vampire lord. The vampires are threatening Skyrim and you should join the fight against the vampires! I would maybe become a Werewolf depending on if I want to help the Daedra or not. If I want to help the Daedra I would become a Werewolf because it's a blessing from Hircine. But if I want to stop the Daedra I wouldn't become one. If you want to help the Daedra only by collecting their artifacts in order to keep them away from falling into the wrong hands but still want to join your ancestors in Sovngard you can't become a Werewolf because if you are one when you die your spirit wont be allowed acces to Sovngard because you accepted your afterlife to take place on Hircines hunting grounds.

Hi, this is just my opinion and what I would do if I started a warrior playthrough focused on RP:

I would join Dawnguard but only to fight the vampire problem and not to become a vampire lord. The vampires are threatening Skyrim and you should join the fight against the vampires! I would maybe become a Werewolf depending on if I want to help the Daedra or not. If I want to help the Daedra I would become a Werewolf because it's a blessing from Hircine. But if I want to stop the Daedra I wouldn't become one. If you want to help the Daedra only by collecting their artifacts in order to keep them away from falling into the wrong hands but still want to join your ancestors in Sovngard you can't become a Werewolf because if you are one when you die your spirit wont be allowed acces to Sovngard because you accepted your afterlife to take place on Hircines hunting grounds.

You can still cure from both later on.

As far as I know, just because you are helping deadric lords, doesn't mean you are doing an "Evil" run.Think about it, most of them do stuff that about themselves, getting something, about some one person, or it seemed you are "forced." Does your warrior know what are they? What is their nature? Are they scared? Does he or she know the power the deadric lord have? Do you think they will get something in return?

The dawnstar quest is one, you can kill the guy and pretend that you were mind controlled. And there are about three who are in general not evil and one that gives you a sword that helps to kill undead and vampires.

Just because you are using deadra, doesn't mean you are "Evil" anything you can summon from oblivion is pretty much a deadra. Bound swords and bows can kill deadras better with the right perks even. They are like humans, mer and beast. Some good some bad. And werewolves are not deadra, but an illness.

Imo Hircine is not that evil, he thinks anyone should have a chance to live even a small one. And his heaven is big hunting grounds where you can hunt forever. However, I never did his quest.

Maybe even a time split.

I have a nord who was in the war. She hated what she did to Skyrim and lived and hunted alone for a time. I made her seem a bit older and added making potions as another skill. Then she became a vampire hunter to repent.

Edited by Boombro

Ok so now I'm pretty sure I want to join the Dawnguard, stormcloacks and maybe companions. However I'd love to have access to shouts early on and collect all I come across. This means I'll need to do the main quest or play it to some point at least.

Ok I could do that. But how do I implement it in my characters story? I was thinkin of using alternate start and ignore the main quest but not anymore! If I were to go with the normal start and play the main quest for a while, where should I "pause" it? (cus I want to head to dawnguard or stormcloak quests pretty soon, or I might get bored going through main quest the 4th time..)

How would I justify my character to ignore saving the world? If I remember right, weren't there some point when the greybeards tell the Dovahkiin to think what way to go? Would this be optimal? Or how would you do it?

If you ignore the main quest it can get pretty anachronistic as I recall. People call you the Dragonborn before you've even seen evidence or know of your abilities.

The whole dragonborn thing is kind of annoying to be honest, wish you could disable it.

One fun way to play through the game is to be an assassin and join the Dark Brotherhood and accept invites to fight for the Daedra. Be a Chaotic Evil character with no morals or scruples.

Ok so now I'm pretty sure I want to join the Dawnguard, stormcloacks and maybe companions. However I'd love to have access to shouts early on and collect all I come across. This means I'll need to do the main quest or play it to some point at least.

Ok I could do that. But how do I implement it in my characters story? I was thinkin of using alternate start and ignore the main quest but not anymore! If I were to go with the normal start and play the main quest for a while, where should I "pause" it? (cus I want to head to dawnguard or stormcloak quests pretty soon, or I might get bored going through main quest the 4th time..)

How would I justify my character to ignore saving the world? If I remember right, weren't there some point when the greybeards tell the Dovahkiin to think what way to go? Would this be optimal? Or how would you do it?

You only have to do the main quest until you kill the dragon at the western watch tower. Once you do that, you unlock the first word of unrelenting force which also unlocks access to any other shout you learn. The downside is you will start encountering dragons in the world as well; which probably wouldn't bother a good warrior too much :laugh:

Try using Skyrim ubound, with it you can chose many things. You can even be a dragonborn, without being one. Here, read up http://www.pcgamer.com/mod-of-the-week-skyrim-unbound/

Just think you are someone trained to learn shouts (yes I know you have to train for years.) or nothing wrong is going on for you to save the world yet. Or whatever you come up with.