launching game from mod manager

dragonmaster1138

Okay, so this is the first time I'm modding anything, so please bear with me. At the moment, I'm not trying to load any mods,

i'm just trying to launch skyrim through the nexus mod manager. It gives the error: "failed to launch skyrimlauncher.exe. system cannot find the file specified."

The mod manager is in: C:\games while skyrim is in C:\programfiles (x86)\steamapps\common\Skyrim . Do I need to move that file somewhere into the mod manager folder? If so, where to?

I plan to try that loot program once I get the mods I want, but baby steps, right? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

okay... so never mind launching from the installer, now when I try to play through steam, and hit continue, or new game (after deleting save files), the game will gives me weird error message and then doesn't load.

"WETrigger scrip < (01090883, 010D13EA and 01099887 )> WARNING:Onlinit ()my HoldLocation not set. this will result in errors. >OK<

When I click okay, it scrolls from that first number in ( ) to the next, then third. Then it just sits there with the logo, and doesn't load, though the music plays. It didn't do that before I tried to load from the nexus mod manager. Did I screw something up?

I'm using Windows 8.1, have a 3.6 GHZ processor, 16GB ram, and an Nvidia 720 GTX ti OIM video card. Just installed the game yesterday. Delete the mod manager and mods, inactive, and deleted/rebooted/reinstalled steam and Skyrim. Anything else I can do?

Okay, thanks. I got that taken care of. I've gotten the mods I want downloaded, and am currently trying to launch the game with them loaded.

It is giving me an error message that says: "Skyrimlauncher.exe system error: the program can't start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

So I have to uninstall skyrim, and steam, but will this delete/effect my mods I've downloaded/installed? Or just the skyrim files itself?

Edited by dragonmaster1138

• 3 years later...

I am trying to launch my game from NMM, but I get the error message: "Failed to launch 'SkyrimSE.exe' The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform..

My OS system is Windows 7.

I have no idea what the problem is. I go into the appdata/local/Skyrim Special Edition folder and find the plugin.txt file and there is no Skyrim.esm file. I cannot find the local file that was mentioned earlier.

It says my Skyrim.esm and dlc's .esm have corrupted plugins. I have no idea what to do, so any help would be greatly appreciated.