If you tried to reach a mod author for permission...

Solora

Hello, I've never posted a mod before, but I'm in the process of making a custom follower mod that I hope to post here on the Nexus and I had a question. If you contact a mod author and ask for permission to use their assets, say armor or weapons, and they never get back to you, do you think it is okay to use their assets for the time being while giving them credit and stating that they did not answer you, and that if they see your mod and they wish for you to take their assets out you will comply? I've asked a few people for permission and it hasn't been too long since I've asked, but I'm wondering what happens if they never get back to me? Is it against the Nexus rules? I don't want my mod to get taken down or myself banned or anything.

Thanks, as tempted as I might be you're probably right, I should probably just wait until they get back to me :P What about other people that do that? I've seen many people here say they couldn't reach the author and that they'd take it down if they ever responded with no.

Edited by Solora

I've seen many people here say they couldn't reach the author and that they'd take it down if they ever responded with no.

they all get the same response. if you see someone upload content without the original authors permission report it to the site staff peoples

• 1 year later...

Thanks, as tempted as I might be you're probably right, I should probably just wait until they get back to me :tongue: What about other people that do that? I've seen many people here say they couldn't reach the author and that they'd take it down if they ever responded with no.

I know how you feel, I would love, if I ever get it made, to release a horse mod I am working on, but the major contributors of it (Zira and Slof) I believe have left the community. I am pretty sure Slof has said no to anyone modifying her stuff and uploading it anywhere, and not sure about the others I have used. So, I am just making it for my own personal enjoyment.

The general rule of thumb is that unless it is a modder's resource or explicitly stated on the mod's page, then it is free to use in your own personal game, but not to reupload anywhere else.

As for others, if they dont have the explicit permission to use those resources, they aren't supposed to upload them.