Alice in Wonderland Dress

Disschorde

I'm honestly speechless. I mean, it looks fantastic. Bit of a nit pick, but in the game the bit where the bow ties together is covered by a skull. I know that you can't see that in the original picture, so here's one of the back:

http://i57.tinypic.com/ify8sg.png

It looks amazing right now, so if making that little skull is too much of a pain, don't worry about it. Thank you again :)

That's good because there's a vanilla skull already available for use. But it also brings up another point.

As you can see, in frame 1 it looks alright from a front on view. But in frame 2 you can see a large gap between the jaw and the cloth (the skull must've been super glue'd onto the cloth or something). The third frame is my compromise where I simply tilted the skull down so it makes a bit more sense. If you want, I can keep with the original idea and stick with frame 1/2.

16040056028_921f5e5f3d_b.jpg

Edit: Just realised I messed up the seams after looking at the picture :/.

Edited by ArekkusuStorm

Heh, that's what I was thinking when I said 'like a tribal mask'.

Yeah, it shouldn't be too hard to do, just need to grind the skull down. Hmm, where did I leave that grinder... Eh, I'll just borrow one from Skyrim.

16235335592_b8fd43f79a_c.jpg

I would've posted earlier but I had to redo the dress textures (don't worry it basically looks the same). Just need to add some seams and it'll be on to the final step.

Edit:

Test Shot 1 - Not bad on the stretching for not even touching the weight painting yet.

Test Shot 2 - One of my mods re-textured the skull

Test Shot 3

Edited by ArekkusuStorm

I think it looks great. Obviously the skull needs a bit of re-texturing, and it looks much better in the second picture. Although, the second picture has a black spot in it, but I chalk that up to just shadow errors. One more thing, that's also just texturing. At least in the original game, the skull is much more porcelain and not cracked. I still have to say, it looks great, and I am so grateful that you're doing this for me

"Although, the second picture has a black spot in it, but I chalk that up to just shadow errors."

No, the black spot in the second picture isn't because of lighting or anything, it's because it's still using the vanilla texture path so whichever one of my mods re-textured it didn't stay true to the uv map so the black spots are actually just black.

"At least in the original game, the skull is much more porcelain and not cracked."

You really want me to recreate it to perfection, eh? I try to make things at least a bit lore friendly no matter how unlore friendly they may be so I wouldn't be surprised if that skull got cracked during Alice's travel to the wasteland.

Edited by ArekkusuStorm

"At least in the original game, the skull is much more porcelain and not cracked."

You really want me to recreate it to perfection, eh? I try to make things at least a bit lore friendly no matter how unlore friendly they may be so I wouldn't be surprised if that skull got cracked during Alice's travel to the wasteland.

Well if you want to argue that front, then the whole dress would be a lot more beat up and dirty, right? It would probably be torn in a bunch of places and look very dissimilar to the original picture. Aside from the whole grumpy rant that I could go on, I'll just say this; I'd appreciate it if the skull was white in order to fit with the rest of the dress.