NAXXRAMAS Dungeon Mod - Help needed!

Imperatordeus

Hello Nexus forum goers. I have been a member of the Nexusmods website for quite some time and never posted on the forums, and in all those years I have wanted one thing, first in Oblivion and now in Skyrim - a dungeon mod for Naxxramas, the legendary raid from World of Warcraft. It is a dungeon that I have obsessed over for quite some time, admiring the layout of the dungeon, the atmosphere, the music, the style and the theme of the dungeon - a giant crypt that floats in the sky as a citadel for the undead.

Yet in all those years I saw a few World of Warcraft dungeons made, including the excellent Shadowfang Keep and Scarlet Monastery dungeons for Oblivion, and the Molten Core mod for Skyrim. Many people talked of wanting a Naxxramas mod, but no one could be bothered making it themselves, including me. I waited and waited and kept discouraging myself saying "oh it would be too hard to learn CK".

Anyway, after a long period of deliberation I decided that I would build Naxxramas myself if no one else would do it. And so, but a few days ago, I started work on the mod, and am currently building the Military Quarter of the raid making very good progress, and will follow this with the Frostwyrm Lair and central hub sections. I have acquired permission from Cryptosporidium to use his external overworld Necropolis that he made to represent Naxxramas in the world of Skyrim. I will not be basing this dungeon on the WOTLK version but on the original VANILLA version of the raid, including all enemies from that original, pure incarnation of the greatest dungeon ever designed.

I have created a little backstory for why the undead scourge has invaded Tamriel, and that will be included in the mod in books scattered around the dungeon.

This is a massive undertaking, because Naxxramas is a vast dungeon - a veritable city in fact. I'm not deterred though, and I'll keep going, simply because I am completely obsessed with Naxxramas, the Undead Scourge, undead in general and recreating it in Skyrim. Here's a list of things I'm going to include in the mod:

• World of Warcraft-accurate dungeon layout, structure, decoration and colouration.
  • Music and ambient sounds from World of Warcraft to create an authentic atmosphere.
  • Books, written by myself and also taken from World of Warcraft, to give the dungeon backstory and depth rather than making a quest line to reduce work (including gems like On Undeath)
  • Voice files from the game to make the bosses feel closer to World of Warcraft.
  • Accurate enemy names and abilities, including, but not limited to, massive health pools and devastating attacks.
  • Incredibly difficult battles against bosses and standard enemies - it is Naxxramas after all - to the point where you will be pulling your hair out in frustration and wanting to rage quit from the game. Unless you cheat, but that doesn't count.

Authenticity is my main goal with this mod - my first mod - because in my opinion if it doesn't look, sound and play like the original then there's no point doing it. As such my mod will be of the highest quality and may well take a long time to complete but it will be worth it in the end.

Of course, I really could do with some help. I can easily handle building the dungeon, navmeshing it, writing books, adding sounds and music and voice files, scripting etc. but I can't do everything. I really need someone that is fairly good at either importing or creating from scratch certain pieces of armour and also ENEMY MODELS. I really need models for the following bosses:

• GLUTH (May use a Death Hound as a placeholder)
  • LOATHEB (may resort to using a Troll as a placeholder)
  • THADDIUS (Giant placeholder? Frost Giant?)
  • KEL'THUZAD (although I may resort to using a Dragon Priest for him)
  • GROBBULUS (no placeholder really available for this guy...)

...and the following enemies:

• ABOMINATIONS (might use Ash Spawn as a placeholder)
  • WIGHTS (Draugr placeholder)
  • SLIMES/ SLUDGES (Netch placeholder?)
  • FUNGAL MONSTROSITIES (Troll placeholder probably)

...and the following weapons / pieces of armour:

• Level 60 Frost Resistance gear (such as Icebane Plate)
  • Tier 3 armour sets.
  • Weapons. WEAPONS, DAMMIT.
  • Shields

The importance of including these weapon / armour models is paramount - if the loot and enemy appearances don't fit the bill then it will look half-baked. Maybe I'll have to learn how to do it myself if no one helps me, but then it will a) take more time and b) result in a higher chance I give up out of exhaustion. If you are willing to help but don't know what the above items / enemies look like I recommend looking them up.

Unfortunately I can't upload any screenshots of my work so far on here because the filesize is too large, but you can check them out on my Nexus Mods account Scarletpox.

Edited by Imperatordeus

• 2 years later...