Help with transition to existing area?

Noob question here: my partner and I are working on a quest that begins in the Lothering windmill. The issue we're having is that the area transition doors work to go inside the windmill, but not to go out. There are waypoints in place, but when you transition to go back outside, you end up in a nonexistent limbo area. We've been searching for tutorials on how to transition to exisitng game areas, to no avail. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Here is some additional info concerning our issue and what we have done so far. We created a new module that extends the single player campain. We created a new area which is the inside of the windmill in lothering. We made a working door on the outside of the mill which works when tested in game. When the player moves to exit the interior of the windmill, instead of being transported just outside the door to the waypoint, you are teleported far to the right side of the map in some glitched area. The variables on the interior door have been checked multiple times. In the variables tab for the interior door we have:

PLC_AT_DEST_AREA_TAG string lot100ar_lothering

PLC_AT_DEST_TAG string lot100wp_from_mill which is the name of our waypoint

We have tried moving the waypoint to different points all around lothering. Also we have tried linking the door to one of the waypoints already on the level such as the point outside of Danes Refuge. So far nothing changes the position your character is warped to when exiting the mill. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

From what you have said, you have added at least one waypoint to the Lothering area file.

1) Have you saved and exported the modified are/area file?

2) If you have, I suggest using an existing waypoint in Lothering to determine if the problem is with the waypoint itself or a related script.

Thanks for your reply mcgoy. We have saved and exported the modified lothering area. We placed an empty treasure chest near the exit of the windmill to make sure that our changes had been saved and properly exported. Everything seems to work and show up in the game except for when you exit the mill to go back to the Lothering main area.We also tried linking the door to the waypoint outside of the Danes Refuge in Lothering which is a waypoint already created by the game, but the player is still teleported off to the far side of the map. I didn't realize that a script was needed for using the doors to transition?

Clearly beyond my realm of expertise since I rarely work with area transitions at all.

Sunjammer probably has the better information so you should probably refer to his post. However, I would think that you have to identify the location/waypoint that the GW et al should appear when they exit the windmill.