Problem with cleaning Dlc's with TES4Edit

Joffreywolf

Hi guys, So whenever I clean The Dlc's using Tes4Edit the game Ctds at launch. I've narrowed the problem down to The to Knights of the Nine And Fighters Stronghold Dlc's. So whenever I clean said dlc the game ctds, However if I don't clean KOTN and Fighters stronghold the game launch is fine. All of the other Dlc's don't cause a ctd if I clean them.

Edited by Joffreywolf

For some reason, cleaning ITMs from the official plugins causes my game to crash on start. With Mod Organizer (1.2.14), that is. Undeleting and disabling references does not cause crashes. So perhaps you could try only undeleting and disabling references? I am not sure if that helps, but I believe it might be worth a try. Unless the source of crashes is something else, like a missing master, which can be easily checked by Wrye Bash. But since you already know how to use TES4Edit to clean mods, I doubt that is the case. :)

Edited by PhilippePetain

I can second this.

I thought it was a mere impression, but I have a much more stable game with a "dirty" KoTN plugin than with one cleaned according to the guidelines provided by the UESP wiki (which I found through BOSS).

Of course, I can't exclude that I did a mistake somewhere, but in such a case I would really like someone to tell me the CRC of the 100% "clean" and functional plugin, so that we can compare.

I feel comfortable working my way around TES4/FNVedit, so the issue is not at the level of a basic manipulation error either.

I've got the game on Steam by the way.

Edited by KarmaPowered