Filepath for mods?

Sedition2011

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a unique mod tool on this website for downloading mods. I have yet to find a clear enough step-by-step to attempt it. I'm still reading up on it. I wish someone would just incorporate it into the original mod manager so Inquisition is listed along with my other Dragon Age games and Skyrim. At least I know how that mod manager works. If there is a way to incorporate this new DAI mod manager into the old Nexus Mod Manger it eludes me. Maybe someone could post a tool for us newbies into this modders realm like "Mods for Dummies" or something? It certainly would help me. There's posts everywhere about this but so far nothing's worked right. I have all kinds of mods in-game for DAO, DA2, and Skyrim. But this new DAI manager intimidates me.

@Yknotu; As you read in the other thread, this is a non-trivial problem for which there is no solution at the moment. Since mods for DA:I are in their infancy, and since there is no standardized means of applying them, there are currently no plans for NMM to handle them.

Sorry, but there it is.

Write to EA asking that DICE develop and release a Toolset for FrostBite3! :cool:

There's a unique mod tool on this website for downloading mods. I have yet to find a clear enough step-by-step to attempt it. I'm still reading up on it. I wish someone would just incorporate it into the original mod manager so Inquisition is listed along with my other Dragon Age games and Skyrim. At least I know how that mod manager works. If there is a way to incorporate this new DAI mod manager into the old Nexus Mod Manger it eludes me. Maybe someone could post a tool for us newbies into this modders realm like "Mods for Dummies" or something? It certainly would help me. There's posts everywhere about this but so far nothing's worked right. I have all kinds of mods in-game for DAO, DA2, and Skyrim. But this new DAI manager intimidates me.

Did you watch my tutorial that's on the dai mod manager's front page? If so what was unclear? :confused:

DA:I Mod Manager is easy, just take it step by step and follow the instructions.

Since these are all brand new things, and made not by EA or Bioware, but fans, they're still getting everything together. I've heard the DA:I mod manager does not work for some people.

It does for me. I followed the instructions.

Since you're hesitant, I'll explain it for you. The problem with plug-ins for the game is that you can only have one at a time, basically. All the Mod Manager is doing is merging the changes from all the mods you want into one plug-in so it works nicely with the game. That's it. Every time you want to take out or put in a mod, you open it up and re-merge. Then launch through Origins like normal.

Here's a step-by-step on how to make it work for you:

1: Download some mods.

2: Make a folder, put it anywhere. (Mine is on my desktop, since I like the quick reference if I want to see what I have.) Name it something like "Inquisition mods".

3: Using 7zip or Winzip or whatever, extract the files you downloaded directly into that folder.

4: Check that folder, make sure the extraction worked. You should have a new folder in there with the name of the mod in it. Inside that folder there should be another folder called data and a file called package.mft. If that is the case, it worked, proceed to step five. If there is no new folder with the name of the mod and instead you got a data folder and package.mft directly in your Inquisition mods folder, then your author made an oopsy that you'll be fixing real quick. Make a new folder, name it the name of that mod (or whatever you want, obviously), put that data folder and package.mft in it, then proceed to step five.

5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 for any other mods you want.

6: Go into your Dragon Age folder, then into your update folder. (The exact location you're looking for, on my computer, is Computer>OS (C:)>Program files (x86)>Origin Games>Dragon Age Inquisition>Update. Yours may be in a different spot depending on where you installed it, but regardless, what you want in is that update folder. Inside it should be the folders for your patch and any DLC you may have (multi-player, deluxe content). Make a new folder in there. Call it "Merged Mods".

7:Open up the mod manager. It will prompt you for the location of your Dragon Age executable. Give it to it. (The executable for the game.)

8: Give it your mod path. (Hit browse next to the mod path bar.) This is the folder you extracted all your mods to. Give it that.

9: The list should populate. Disable any you don't want to use.

10: Hit merge. It will ask you where you want to save the new file. Tell it to save it in the "Merged Mods" folder you created.

There you go, 10 easy steps to Inquisition modding wonders! Enjoy!

PS - I highly recommend anything made by the FANTASTIC Horography. As well as my scale mail to chainmail mod I'm working on now. And the leather shoulder/thigh pads. And the camera close up in conversations. And a whole lot of others. Happy modding!

• 7 months later...

Thank you thank you thank you, PaulMcGann! I've mod-ed my other Dragon Age games but was confused as to how to do it for Inquisition. I LOVE the step-by-step instructions you provided. It may not be needed by most folks but people like me REALLY need that level of help, lol. You made this easy and far less intimidating. <3

• 2 weeks later...