Room Rental Bug?

zadbog

Just encountered a new bug on my most recent playthrough...not gamebreaking yet, but very annoying.

When I try to rent a room at any inn, I ask the innkeeper and get through the dialogue until they say "sure thing, its yours for the day" after that, there is no indication of money changing hands (no "clinking" sound or gold reduction) and none of the beds in the inn change from their (owned) state.

As I first encountered this when running a lot of mods, I did the usual thing of turning them off one by one until only the Skyrim and DLC ESMs were active. I then started a new vanilla save, played through Helgen, then tried to rent a room at the inn in Riverwood. Same problem.

I've updated SKSE to the latest beta and even tried running the non-skse executable for the first time in years, and the bug persists.

Like I said above, I've been running Skyrim with a lot of mods for a few years now, and I'd like to think I've seen every bug the game can throw at me, but this one just popped up and refuses to be smashed!