SKYRIM ON SKOOMA! Ultimate Skyrim enhancement mod

yugijak

Okay, so here's the basic idea.

Skyrim on Skooma is a massive compilation enhancement mod meant to mix elements from a large variety of other mods in order to transform skyrim into an entirely brand spanking new game. Some mods from which I would like to borrow elements are:

Frostfall

Realistic Needs and Diseases

Amazing Follower Tweaks

Extended Encounters

Tales of Lycanthropy

Complete Crafting Overhaul Redone

Skyrim Redone

Convenient Horses

Important Information Overhaul

Violens

Dawn of Skyrim series

Harvest Overhaul

Wearable Lanterns

Dovahkiin relaxes too

Civil War Overhaul

Wet and Cold + additional content like Ashes and Holiday

Windstad Mine

Windstad Manor Fortified and Upgraded

Heljarchen Farm

Heljarchen Manor Fortified and Upgraded

Dynamic Loot

Helgen Reborn

BLESSINGS - A blessings overhaul

Follower Commentary Overhaul

Guard Dialogue Overhaul

...and any other mods I find add a significant improvement to Skyrim, like iActivate. Obviously, this is an exceptionally ambitious project, so any help would be incredibly appreciated. (and if the authors of these mods are willing to lend their support, all the better).

Now this is most undoubtedly going to be a GIGANTIC mod. And I probably won't finish it anytime soon, if at all since I tend to gravitate from project to project like a squirrel with ADHD. But hopefully I can find some way to get significant progress on this mod, or give it to someone in the community that will give it the proper attention it desires.

Probably just hopeful wishing, but that won't stop me wishing anyway, (and hopefully contributing something worthy in the process.)

Coming up will be a list of features I want to include in this mod, as well as (hopefully) a more extensive and detailed list on what things I would like to borrow from which mods, like the installers to make it easier to integrate which things you want in the game.

Okay, so this post will be part of a series on the different features I will want in the mod. I'll start here by listing the different categories, and over a series of posts, go over what I intend to do to improve each of them, as well as what mods I will borrow from or what I'll add myself to improve the game.

Here's the editing to-do list (subject to change)

Alchemy

Enchanting

Survival and Immersion

Combat

Magic and Magical Objects

Stealth

Equipment and Equipment Personalization

Blessings

Character AI

Crafting

Difficulty

Lore

To start with I want to discuss the first topic on this list, Alchemy, and what I intend to do with it through Skyrim on Skooma. (Help, in any form, will always be appreciated, so leave comments and feel free to contribute anything you think will help)

Alchemy

I love the Alchemy in Skyrim. It's what made me fall for the game for the second time (Frostfall being the third one to do it, and the most heavy at that)

However, while Alchemy is amazing, and does a lot of 'interesting' things, it doesn't really feel...rewarding...for your experimentation. I mean, why spend hours grinding for ingredients and writing down notes when you can just buy the best health potion that you'll never really match.

This is why I wanted to add more to the alchemy system, and I don't mean tweaking the statistics to make the potions more powerful.

Potioneering and Potion Enhancement

This idea is actually derived from a different game entirely, and one I've never actually played. In The Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword, you can have any potions you buy in the bazaar infused by paying rupees, provided you have the proper ingredients on hand. Originally, this idea was to first have you refine your ingredients by combining them together from material form into ingredient form to allow for easier organization and understanding of the different ingredients you use in potions. I may still implement that system with this mod.

However, this is also a very useful addition to the game, as it allows you to take any basic potions you collect and make them stronger by infusing them with the proper ingredients, using the potion as part of the formula. This would also allow you to add other effects to the potion, like when I added butterfly wings to the basic invisibility potion recipe and the resulting potion had health restoration effects added to it.

This also allows for you to have better control over the potions and removes a bit of a luck element, relying more on you analyzing and deciding which effects you want to add to the potion, or figuring out how to strengthen it's effects.

For example, you might make a basic invisibility potion with vampire dust and frost wraith fangs, and then turn around and strengthen it with an additional heap of vampire dust. Just as an example.

Ingredient Refinement

One difficult thing can be remembering what to combine to get the exact potion effects you want. Such as with my healing invisibility potion. Therefore, I thought of introducing an additional step to the potion making process. In short, potion refinement.

The idea is to create a midway effective item that is clearly labeled for making the exact potion you want. So an Invisibility mixture (I've yet to create the names for these refined items) could be mixed with another to easily make an invisibility potion.

In addition, I thought about allowing players to carry a portable Alchemy Kit that would let them make refined ingredients anywhere, but making proper potions or infusing them must be done at a proper lab.

Toxicity

I got this idea from my recent addiction to The Witcher rpg game. This actually feels like a good idea to prevent potion abuse in the game.

Basically, like in The Witcher, the use of potions increases your players toxicity rating, and excessive use of potions will be VERY bad for your character. Balancing the amount of potions you use with your Toxicity rating will be incredibly important for Alchemist based character.

And speaking of deadly potions...

Potion Based Combat

In addition to the use of poisons on your favorite weapons, why not have potions as a viable alternative to magic? Certain weapons can actually use poison as an ammunition in-game. Or you could shoot health or boosts at your allies to enhance them while still staying at long range. However, using the potions do in fact use up the ones in your inventory (may or may not be a feature in the actual mod, depending on what happens)

So, any ideas on what else needs to be done with Alchemy? Something you'd like to see in the next post related to my ideas? Just let me know.

More like something I'd LIKE to make, if I'm being honest. Right now I'm listing ideas and seeing if anyone is even interested in this idea.

yeah wrong forum. the ideas are good but you should post them in the mod talk forum instead of the request forum.

The title of this thread is a little misleading.It makes one think of visual effects added when one is drunk on Skooma.Which it would be cool to have visual,aural,and even NPC behavorial effects based on which intoxicants You've consumed.Imagine getting zonked on moon sugar or skooma,and walking around in a daze with no enemies attacking,just trippily interacting with You.I mean a Giant with Charlie Brown's teachers voice gibbering at You,and patting You on the head.Dragons instead of attacking ,imparting zen-like wisdom/riddles.Sabre cats just rubbing against Your legs and purring.Giant Frostbite spiders spelling out "Some Dragonborn"in a massive web.Ofcourse after the effects wear off,it'd be a different story,but hey, that's the price You pay.

The title of this thread is a little misleading.It makes one think of visual effects added when one is drunk on Skooma.Which it would be cool to have visual,aural,and even NPC behavorial effects based on which intoxicants You've consumed.Imagine getting zonked on moon sugar or skooma,and walking around in a daze with no enemies attacking,just trippily interacting with You.I mean a Giant with Charlie Brown's teachers voice gibbering at You,and patting You on the head.Dragons instead of attacking ,imparting zen-like wisdom/riddles.Sabre cats just rubbing against Your legs and purring.Giant Frostbite spiders spelling out "Some Dragonborn"in a massive web.Ofcourse after the effects wear off,it'd be a different story,but hey, that's the price You pay.

That would be pretty cool, I admit, but I'm trying to go for a different kind of ridiculous awesomeness.

Great ideas you got there.

I think there should be more combinations when mixing potions and it should also depend on what you use as 1st ingredient, 2nd ingredient,3rd ingredient and lastly 4th ingredient,That way there would be tons of different combinations to play with + and as an help you should have the ability to add the receipe to your alchemy book when you find a new one.

another thing is that rare ingredients should have a lot more significant effect when used in combinations (in my opinion rare means not much more than 10 can be found in the entire game)

yes you should change the topic title cause its a bit uum mis-leading, Ha ha i thought this had something to do with the effects of skooma in the game.

Great ideas you got there.

I think there should be more combinations when mixing potions and it should also depend on what you use as 1st ingredient, 2nd ingredient,3rd ingredient and lastly 4th ingredient,That way there would be tons of different combinations to play with + and as an help you should have the ability to add the receipe to your alchemy book when you find a new one.

another thing is that rare ingredients should have a lot more significant effect when used in combinations (in my opinion rare means not much more than 10 can be found in the entire game)

yes you should change the topic title cause its a bit uum mis-leading, Ha ha i thought this had something to do with the effects of skooma in the game.

Well that's the name of the mod, Skyrim On Skooma! I thought the title was actually pretty catchy...