REALLY REALLY REALLY! BIG MOD IDEA!

segwayguy1

SO i have been thinking a good plot for a certain mod i plan to do after i learn. after all start hard and the rest shall be easy

"The Great War 2"

this mod-to-be has been planned by me scince a long time so ill lay out the plot and you guys can help out by doing.... err.. nexus stuff?? i guess...

So this Mod ENTIRELY depends on which side you took in the CIVIL WAR QUESTLINE 2 VERY DIFFRENT stories have in line (In my idea this should take place on another Island as to result in easy uninstallation)

So how this goes is

Imperial side: After years of service as a legate to general tullius you finally get sent to Cyrodil as with Tullius

(he shall return to skyrim after the questline) as the empire with its new emperor ____(insert suggestion here)
Has planned on an attack on the dominion

Quest 1: Travel To Cyrodil *The sudden Report*
Quest 2: Eliminate the Thalmor embassy located in Cyrodil *Pest Extermination*
Quest 3: Recruit from all Towns and villages of Cyrodil *Extending Forces*

After recruiting you realize that someone has been spying on you this whole time (Ralof of the Stormcloaks)
Quest 4: Find out who spied on you and Eliminate Him (Fails) *The Living Dead*
Quest 5: Report to General tullius *The Calling*
Quest 6: Report to the Emperor *The Great War 2*
Quest 7: Report to the Cyrodill-Summerset isle border *The First Assault*
Quest 8: Speak To Esbern or Delphine *The Return Of The Blades*
Note: From this point on Radiant quests similar to Civil war overhaul shall begin Like REAL WAR!
Quest 9: Speak To Odahving *The Next Siege*
....More plans on goeing
Losing this war CAN HAPPEN which may result in a planned quest:
*Taking Back The Empire* (Later On that)
I also plan on Adding some Daedric related stuff to this questline and i assure You Sheogorath will make an appearance!

I mostly planned on the Stormcloaks Side but... whaddya think of the imperial side?
IF you like it say so if it sucks say so.
Suggestions? Feel Free!
Wanna Help? ITS FREE!
Sounds stupid? ILL TURN YOUR FINGERS TO BLOODY MUSH!!!
*thanks for any opinions*

Start hard and you'll become too frustrated to continue is more like it.

Skyrim modding is a test of patience beyond olympic levels.

I would suggest starting out creating mods with less difficulty than recreating cyrodil single handedly. The beyond skyrim: Cyrodil team has been working at it for nearly 2 years, and they are a team of already skilled modders. Suffice to say I have doubts a one man show will fare better.

I program for a living. I would not even compare modding in skyrim to learning a new programming language, it is even more difficult than that.

If you limited your scope to working within skyrims borders you might actually stand a chance at finishing something.

Further releasing the mod one quest at a time would make it easier to have regular releases and get it tested by the nexus community. Waiting to release it in entirety will A. Take forever B. end with a larger amount of interconnected bugs.

Releasing new software often even if it isn't finished is a practice many software companies are employing to get constant feedback about direction and iron out bugs earlier that may lead to larger coneptual problems down the line.

Edited by ryanshowseason2

• 2 weeks later...

Start hard and you'll become too frustrated to continue is more like it.

Skyrim modding is a test of patience beyond olympic levels.

I would suggest starting out creating mods with less difficulty than recreating cyrodil single handedly. The beyond skyrim: Cyrodil team has been working at it for nearly 2 years, and they are a team of already skilled modders. Suffice to say I have doubts a one man show will fare better.

I program for a living. I would not even compare modding in skyrim to learning a new programming language, it is even more difficult than that.

If you limited your scope to working within skyrims borders you might actually stand a chance at finishing something.

Further releasing the mod one quest at a time would make it easier to have regular releases and get it tested by the nexus community. Waiting to release it in entirety will A. Take forever B. end with a larger amount of interconnected bugs.

Releasing new software often even if it isn't finished is a practice many software companies are employing to get constant feedback about direction and iron out bugs earlier that may lead to larger coneptual problems down the line.

HAHAHA! friend you got me all wrong! hahaha! all wrong its a suggestionny Idea and besides i am creating minor mods at the moment so just sayin

if anyone took intrest id be HAPPIER than heck to accept BUT my modding days have ended and i REMEMBERED THAT (sorry about this post)

so I would be of much use to the Nexus as a Bug fixer.. i tend to fix bugs more than i make 'em