Texture Not Working

Deleted15105134User

I am attempting to make a stand alone retextured Dwarven Crossbow and this being my first mod, I followed this tutorial carefully and made slight adjustments for Dawnguard.

The problem is the new texture doesn't show up in the inventory and in 1st person or 3rd person while holding and it just looks like the vanilla Dwarven Crossbow. The texture will only appear when I drop the crossbow on the ground. Also while on the ground the texture is a wierd combo of the vanilla Dwarven Crossbow and my new texture. I havn't tested it on weapon racks or plaques. Any help is appreciated.

I do have the Amidianborn Book of Silence installed. Would this affect it?

As far as I know, the Book of Silence doesn't cover Dwemer crossbows (or anything from Dawnguard, come to think of it). Are you trying to do a straight up replacement, or a variant? If it's a replacement, make sure that you're saving the texture in the right path ("textures/dlc01/weapons/dwarvencrossbow" in your case). If you're using texture sets, you have to edit the 1st person mesh for the weapon in the CK to get it to display while you're carrying it.

It looks like Bethesda used the normal crossbow nif for their first person nif as well. All you need to do is open up the CK, type "crossbow" and find the 1st person file that concerns you and edit what nif it points too ( in this case, your custom nif) and change the name of the file to reflect your mod. Hope this helps. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...