Quick Question Regarding Modding

Snubby

This may seem like a silly question, but by modding this game will it update it to the latest patch? I ask this because I have forced my game to not update as I had terrible performance issues. When running DAI Mod Manager I notice that it has [x] Official Patch. All I want to do is install the HD eye texture mod but I am worried that it will update the game. I thought I'd ask before attempting it as I'd rather not have to go through the hassle of reinstalling and starting a new playthrough just for some eye textures ;) sorry if this seems like a daft question, just want to be sure before trying any mods out.

Yep I'm posting in the correct place as far as I can tell. I'm talking about this MM not Nexus mod manager http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/116/?

Considering people are modding the game using this, I just wanted to know if it forces the game to the latest version :smile:

Edit: Of course I may be mistaken, but don't know where else I could possibly find an answer haha.

Edited by Snubby

No, the DAI_MM does not "force" your game to update via EA/Origin.

But be aware that there are possibly two conflicting things going on here:

a) Some early (pre-Patch2/Hotfix) mods won't work with the updated version of the game.

b) Some later mods, and the current version of DAI_MM, require Patch2.

For mods In the former category, most of us are hoping the authors update their works to be compatible.

For mods In the latter category, if Patch2 caused problems on your rig, you're SOL. :ermm:

If you have an unpatched game, the original DAI_MM, and only first-gen mods, you should be alright. :laugh:

• 1 month later...