Tail Armour for Beast Races

Leubast

With the way tails work, I was wondering if you could actually make tail armour for the beast races, one for each material type. There is a tail slot, I'm just assuming it works the same as the body, hands, feet and head. They'd have to be disabled for non-beast races, though.

With WIC/Cloaks of Skyrim and Frostfall, it could be balanced for not having increased exposure and wetness protection since it takes up the same slot.

There is a tail slot

which is occupied by the tail

Use another slot?

There's a hands slot

Which is occupied by the hands

Gloves still exist, you just have to make sure in the model that the hand is still there.

Same with tails, just make sure that the tail is still there with the armour. It'd take about 24some models (2 for each material and 1 for each beast race)

I was wondering, there are meshes for helmets worn by beasts, can the same thing apply the plate?

You can have different models for different races, that's how the helms for beast races work. The same could be applied to tail armour.

There is a tail slot

which is occupied by the tail

That's how armor works. The armor itself contains the part of body it's going to overwrite if it doesn't hide all of it. Usually the body mesh is cut where covered with armor for better performance and avoid clipping.

Maybe not so clear? Anyway just want to say that is fully possible to make, but not particulary interested as for now.

Just what derok said.

It is possible to make them, one mod already has sort-of tail armor. (Argonian mercenary armor?)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27676/?

So yes, fully doable.

Maybe a bit simplier approach would be to make it separate piece of armor, so you don't have to tinker with every armor to link it to tail mesh containing the armor (And most likely breaking many mods at the same time)