Going to start playing FNW again. What mods do you recommend

Gutticool

Soo. I i am going to play Fallout: NW again. Are there any mods you guys recommend?

I don't want any naked-like mods, overpowered mods or flat out retarded mods that make no sense. I want mods that improve the game by making it harder, better looking and more immersive. Quest mods are fine as long as they have a decent story and voice acting.

I would be very grateful if you could send me some Fallout: NW let's plays (preferably someone that showes his/her mods in the description) :)

Edited by Gutticool

Tales of Two Wastelands, it's worth the wait of the install. Project Nevada. Awesomized Sink. Daughter of Ares, if you want too look at something really pretty all the time. Project 188 Trading Post. One Hud. UIO. JIP CCC..... and Animated Fans

Also, if you know what you're doing with your mods, try porting the NPC Height Randomizer from Fallout 3, helps vary up the world a bit. And if you have TTW I recommend Companion Perks and the Antagonizer Companion.

Thank you for replying. I don't think i'm going to install TTW, but i'll look into the other mods. :)

Since I have no clue about how much you know about mods and which ones are out there I'll make it real exstensive, don't take it personally if you feel I'm telling you about stuff you already know about.

Many would probably recommend Mission Mojave as a bugfix mod. It's not a terrible mod and it fixes a lot of stuff. However it has terrible compatibility issues(which IMO patches shouldn't have). Despite what the authors claim a lot of the stuff that Mission Mojave changes are in fact not bug fixes but really changes in design that authors haven't liked. I know it's all with good intent, but I think Mission Mojave changes too much stuff that something labeled as a "Bug Fix" shouldn't even touch. And the terrible compatibility because of this is not nice dealing with either. If you want a patch that works well with other mods and that just fixes bugs I suggest Yukichigai Unofficial Patch(YUP).

My mods:

• NVSE, NVSR and NVAC I consider essential even to an otherwise unmodded FNV, get these.
  • Project Nevada
  • Essential Visual Enhancements(EVE), I used this in Fallout 3 and loved it and I think this one does a even better job.
  • AWOP(A World of Pain), adds new locations, NPCs and a lot of "Misc. content" type stuff. If you are the type that likes just exploring, killing and looting stuff for the fun of it this is a nice mod.
  • Mod Configuration Menu(MCM), Adds a submenu in your main menu that gives the ability to tweak and change settings for a lot of mods.
  • WMX(Weapon Mods eXpanded), does what the name implies. I suggest using the mod "The Weapon Mod Menu" if you get WMX, it adds the possibilty the remove weapon mods through a neat little extra menu in your pip-boy.
  • Fallout New Vegas Redesigned 3, makes a lot of the NPCs a lot prettier and detailed.
  • JIP Companion Command and Control(JIP CCC), I installed this mod just the other day. I was really surprised by just how much of an improvement this is.
  • Something like DarnifiedUI or MTUI depending on which one you prefer. Install the NVSE plugin UI Organizer(UIO) for easy install of UI mods, otherwise getting UI mods(like MCM and Darnified) to play nice together can be a boring task.
  • Retexturing the game can do a lot for it's looks, there's different options for this like NMC or Ojo Bueno. Find ones you like.
  • ENB can also do a lot for the looks but it can also affect performance a lot depending on which preset you choose to use and or which settings you set. My opinion is that the performance trade-off is usually bigger than what you get in graphical quality, but if you can run it the preset/settings you want with what you consider acceptable FPS it can be an awesome improvement. Even though I prefer the games Anti-aliasing I run with an ENB atm and I love it.

I would also recommend giving Essarrbee's FNV modding guide a look. It contains a lot of mods, maybe you won't like all of them but your bound to find at least a couple of mods in that guide that you will like.

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#We_were_somewhere_around_Barstow...

Mod author and Youtuber Gopher has playthroughs and mod talks about both Fallout 3 and Fallout:New Vegas. He has a series called "Mod Clinic" which covers a lot of useful and nice mods. He also has a bunch of tutorials and just mod talk videos which cover a lot of ground.

Edited by rickur

Since I have no clue about how much you know about mods and which ones are out there I'll make it real exstensive, don't take it personally if you feel I'm telling you about stuff you already know about.

Many would probably recommend Mission Mojave as a bugfix mod. It's not a terrible mod and it fixes a lot of stuff. However it has terrible compatibility issues(which IMO patches shouldn't have). Despite what the authors claim a lot of the stuff that Mission Mojave changes are in fact not bug fixes but really changes in design that authors haven't liked. I know it's all with good intent, but I think Mission Mojave changes too much stuff that something labeled as a "Bug Fix" shouldn't even touch. And the terrible compatibility because of this is not nice dealing with either. If you want a patch that works well with other mods and that just fixes bugs I suggest Yukichigai Unofficial Patch(YUP).

My mods:

• NVSE, NVSR and NVAC I consider essential even to an otherwise unmodded FNV, get these.
  • Project Nevada
  • Essential Visual Enhancements(EVE), I used this in Fallout 3 and loved it and I think this one does a even better job.
  • AWOP(A World of Pain), adds new locations, NPCs and a lot of "Misc. content" type stuff. If you are the type that likes just exploring, killing and looting stuff for the fun of it this is a nice mod.
  • Mod Configuration Menu(MCM), Adds a submenu in your main menu that gives the ability to tweak and change settings for a lot of mods.
  • WMX(Weapon Mods eXpanded), does what the name implies. I suggest using the mod "The Weapon Mod Menu" if you get WMX, it adds the possibilty the remove weapon mods through a neat little extra menu in your pip-boy.
  • Fallout New Vegas Redesigned 3, makes a lot of the NPCs a lot prettier and detailed.
  • JIP Companion Command and Control(JIP CCC), I installed this mod just the other day. I was really surprised by just how much of an improvement this is.
  • Something like DarnifiedUI or MTUI depending on which one you prefer. Install the NVSE plugin UI Organizer(UIO) for easy install of UI mods, otherwise getting UI mods(like MCM and Darnified) to play nice together can be a boring task.
  • Retexturing the game can do a lot for it's looks, there's different options for this like NMC or Ojo Bueno. Find ones you like.
  • ENB can also do a lot for the looks but it can also affect performance a lot depending on which preset you choose to use and or which settings you set. My opinion is that the performance trade-off is usually bigger than what you get in graphical quality, but if you can run it the preset/settings you want with what you consider acceptable FPS it can be an awesome improvement. Even though I prefer the games Anti-aliasing I run with an ENB atm and I love it.

I would also recommend giving Essarrbee's FNV modding guide a look. It contains a lot of mods, maybe you won't like all of them but your bound to find at least a couple of mods in that guide that you will like.

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#We_were_somewhere_around_Barstow...

Mod author and Youtuber Gopher has playthroughs and mod talks about both Fallout 3 and Fallout:New Vegas. He has a series called "Mod Clinic" which covers a lot of useful and nice mods. He also has a bunch of tutorials and just mod talk videos which cover a lot of ground.

Hi, journeyman. Thank you for your reply. I know and will be using all the mods you showed me %MTUI and Awop. I did not know NVAC so thank you for that. I'm going to use NMM and some files from Ojo Bueno. I should probably have mentioned it before, but i already know who Gopher is and will be using most of the mods he's using. i <3<3<3 him to death (So homo..) (not really.) I will definitely take a look at Essarrbee's FNV modding guide!

PS. GOPHER IS LOVE. GOPHER IS LIFE!