Skyrim wont even start up with enb - Tried everything and nothing worked

Khaamat

]Some time ago I've decided to use Seasons of Skyrim enb and I found it perfect for myself. I could use it without any problems. But then the fire nation attacked one day, without adding or removing ANY mod, got a ctd. I got surprised. Tried to see what was causing the problem by deactivating and activating each mod. Then s*** became serious because even with full vanilla game, it was crashing. With all the mods deactivated, I went to steam and checked the "Verify game cache". Nothing unusual, it said it needed to grab one file (whenever i did this, this was aways the result) and still nothing. Started the game, still vanilla crash.

Shift+Deleted all of my files in steamapps/Skyrim directory, re-installed again from a clean backup that I've made when I first installed skyrim. Vanilla worked and so did all the mods. Then my headache begin. I installed the enb using the S.T.E.P. Guide, as aways. Crash. Tried again, same result. Then googling this problem, I saw people commenting this is a problem with the D3d9.dll. I deleted it from my diretory (only this dll), the game launched normally and obviously without enb. This led me to believe the problem resides in d3d9.dll or at least around it.

Then my journey began to see if I could fix the problem. I've tried updating the Directx from both Skyrim/Directx10 directory, downloaded the dxwebsetup from Microsoft website, none of them worked. I've tried to use HiAlgoboost's d3d9, no enb (but my skyrim crashes after Bethesda logo). Also tried to use FirstG4M3R's "D3d9.dll generator" - Skyrim worked and I could play normally (without enb). I've decided to use an earlier version of Boris' Enb thing (the 119 version), the game could load normally, but the enb didnt got recognized (or it got ignored, idk). Then I've tried the 221, 264 and 265. All of them crashed.

My Load Order

Skse is the last version

I'm using the Wrapper version because I dont want to use injector version. Explanation below.

The Enb I'm trying to use is Seasons of Skyrim because its the best one who suits me.

In a scale from 1 to 10 in Modding experience, I'm 6.

Yes, I'm f***ing sure that I put all of the archives in their godamn right places.

Drivers are updated.

No background programs that could tamper with it - The only ones I could think of it, I've already used when I had the enb working in my skyrim (Razer Cortex, Nvidia Geforce Experience. - Also tried to run with both closed and uninstalled, and still crash.

In one of the topics someone suggested updating something on windows, I've went to download the update and It says it was already up to date.

Attaching an ss of my pc specs.

The reason I dont want to use the injector version is because I play Smite. And AN AWFUL LOT OF PEOPLE GOT BANNED FOR USING THE INJECTOR VERSION because they have a shitf*#@ of cheat detection system that is literally "Oh? You're using something that can inject things in your processes? I know you're not using it in your client, but f*** you, banned" - And knowing myself I will end up forgetting to end the background process one day and f***ing over my account.

Edited by Khaamat

Ok, calm down. You know what the problem is, you can't fix the problem without endangering your account on another gaming platform. So why exactly are you so married to ENB? You might want to consider tossing it and going with sweetfx or something similar instead. Save yourself a headache and a potential banning.

Edited by Oubliette

Because my skyrim looked perfect with that enb. Not too bright/colorful/corlorless, just...right.

And what mostly bothers me it is the fact it worked before without any problem and suddenly it blew up, so I tought it might be a chance of discovering what the hell happened and maybe fix it.

Well, I'm going to try ICBINE 2 and shadersuite. Hope it doesnt make the game too colorful s:

my suggestion... and what i USE myself

Dynavison+Imagination (MCM VERSION) and "I cant believe its not ENB"

a simple text document to change ONE NUMBER and turn of the s curve contrast in sweet fx settings, and a tweak of imaginator and dynavision menus... YOU WONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE...

well except you fps wont be devoured....

http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/images/110/11191798-1420443670.jpg

Edited by Demonikone

• 3 months later...

Could you solve your problem Khaamat?

I was struggling with the same stuff, and what I did was updating skse to 1.7.2 beta build. I managed to avoid CTD before the main menu. But I still have problems with the sweetFx dll files, specifically with "d3d9_SFX.dll" from Kountervibe ENB. I can run sweetfx only, or the ENB only, but not together.