• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

scoie

scoie

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

[EDIT] Install version 0.53.2 to fix it.

Just updated to the latest version and it's extremely laggy.

Takes about 2 secs after clicking a mod for the highlight to appear.

This lag is also affecting the scrolling.

Has there been a solution to this as I don't see any posts about this. 

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,245 posts

What are your system specs? How many mods do you have installed?

I replicated this issue in a test build but, after some tweaks to the code, this version does not do it for me.

GoochRash

GoochRash

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'm having the same issue. I just started using NMM again today. Figured I'd update it. Everything is slow and laggy. Selecting a mod, there is a delay before the mod is highlighted. If I move my mouse over the install button and click it, there is a delay before NMM even reacts to movement or the click. The program seems fine but the UI isn't responding very quickly. Even when I minimized it and brought it back up it took about a good 5-10 seconds before anything showed up in the Mods/Name window.

i5 3.8GHz

8GB RAM

GTX 780

1TB 7200 RPM HDD 

WIN7

NMM 0.53.0

BourbonDingo

BourbonDingo

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I'm running into the same issue myself.  Everything is super laggy with the UI.  Scroll speed has tanked and the feedback is super slow.  Realized I'd queued up 4 activations of a mod before it was even highlighted.

321abla

321abla

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 43 posts

Hi

It is the same for me, just done reinstall due to ctd's and it is impossible so going back to previous version , only have around 80 mods to reinstall

AMD A6-3420M APU with radeon graphics 1.50 GHz,

6 GB ram

Win 8.1 64-bit, x64- based processor

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

Anyone with this issue, can you please try uninstalling NMM and then reinstalling the new version. This could be an issue with an old .dll file not being updated.

Th3Dude

Th3Dude

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 257 posts

Anyone with this issue, can you please try uninstalling NMM and then reinstalling the new version. This could be an issue with an old .dll file not being updated.

Sorry to throw a newb question out there but I'm having the same issue as well as the little green check marks not showing up after I install any mods (I know they install because the files go where they're supposed to and the install date pops up) and I normally have no issues doing a quick uninstall/reinstall but I just wanted to make sure that doing so wouldn't affect any of my games mods. I have well over 200 mods into Skyrim and around 160 into Fallout New Vegas and I'm in the middle of rebuilding my mods in Fallout 3 so yeah....I didn't really want to have to reinstall all of that. lol Thanks in advance!! :smile:

--Th3Dude

Edited by Th3Dude, 15 January 2015 - 04:32 AM.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

No it won't affect anything, you just need to make sure to select the same "Mods" and "Install Info" folders you're currently using for each game, that's where NMM stores all the needed informations.

Th3Dude

Th3Dude

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 257 posts

Awesome, thanks for the quick response! :smile: It seems the lag issue is corrected but now when I install a mod, the green check mark doesn't show up and if I close and reopen NMM after installing a mod, it's not installed. :sad: Also, just because this is the first time I've actively posted here, would this be the right place to post about the the mods not installing issue or do I need to make a new post? I couldn't find another post with this issue or I would have posted there. :smile: Thanks!! :smile:

Edit: Now it seems that it only happens with certain mods. But it looks like it's most of the mods I'm trying to install. :sad: And I'm getting the pop up that says the selected plugin has been manually removed and NMM must be restarted but I've only installed a few mods at this point and only have 22 plugins. I thought that popup only happened when you reached the plugin cap for the game? 

Edited by Th3Dude, 15 January 2015 - 11:40 AM.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

Can you check if this is happening with every mod that uses a .esp (.esm) file, and not happening with mods that are just replacers without any .esp file in them ? (I'm talking about the failed installation and the missing check marks)

You should post bug reports here: http://forums.nexusm...ager-open-beta/

But lets keep this here.

Page loaded in: 1.071 seconds