Isengard mod v2.0 WIP Continued

Eru

As for the texture, its both. A good texture+Bump Map. I'll try to insert the bump-map into the nif file, I'm sure its possible.

A little about the v2.0 plan, I've desided to go for a destroyed Isengard this time, for variouse reasons, and you can expaect it to be both MUCH more beautiful, AND run MUCH FASTER, because it'll have about 1/100 the number of objects, which will be much more detailed and close to a perfect mach of the movie's version of Isengard.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump maps have potential to crash morrowind and in addition they won't show up. The texture is way too large and isn't mapped correctly... you should create a sub object material and seperately and seamlessly map each part. That way you get a bit more of the quality into morrowind without having TES cough while trying load your model's texture and screw it up. The model itself looks decent, the only thing that could use work is that texture of yours. It's like it was a single texture whipped up in the material editor and applied. Add maybe a few levels of erosion, perhaps stains down the wall or various other types of erosion, water damage. Remove the bump map and try to make it stand out using just flat textures. Anyways yeah : ). Good luck!

Oh just a note, rather than sub object material you could detach different features as a seperate mesh. (ie, each arch/window thing, top sides and so on) Then UVW map it, break down the polygons with texporter or something then use chilliskinner to map it. Then use those as your different materials and it is a perfect fit for each selection.

The model IS made out of seperate objects, which have their own unique UV-Map each (specifically designed for each part). But I AM using a single texture for all objects, which is a picture of the original Orthanc tower itself, from the movie. Each UV-map's location and design, is in a different place of the texture (Orthanc picture), synchroniezing each specific object, with it's co-responding object's texture (the photographed object in the picture used as texture). Also, because the sizes' shapes and orientations of the object, are not 100% match to the picture, I had to stretch each of the objects's UV-Maps (when 2 objects are touching each other), for the objects to "seemlessly" blend with each other, also because the tower is supposed to be made out of ONE carved piece, and does not suppose to look like its made out of many pieces. As for erosions, I dont know of a way to do that, so I can later export it to 3dsMax onto a .nif file... I dont even know how to do it in Maya... As for chillieskinner, I already tried that. The model is waaaay too complex to even begin to be broken down. I found it much more convinient to use a Plannar projection of a UV-Map, from the camera's point of view, and then start adjusting the UV-map from there...

if it's broken up into pieces chilli skinner should be very easy to use for it. It will just be very time consuming and tedious because you'll be treating each piece as seperate model. It is worth doing if you don't mind taking the time to do it. Also with this method you can add rust and weathering by photoshoping each of your maps before applying them. The end result will be very nice. : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This weekend I decided to invest every time I have into putting my new idea, for the Orthanc model, into motion, full throttle. The idea is to finish modeling and texturing the bottom 1/4 of the tower, but this time on the "INSIDE" also!!! You heared it right. The model will be both Exterior AND Interior "combined". Something that currently does not exist in morrowind at all. After just 2 days of work, I made a significant progress, and here is the resault:

Archived