• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

CoffeeWithAGeek

CoffeeWithAGeek

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

When using the latest version of NMM for Skyrim mods, I uninstalled a bunch of old versions of mods and installed the latest, up-to-date ones.

In most cases, this worked fine (a few examples: Enhanced Blood Textures, Smelters for Riften and Solitude, Gildergreen Regrown, Point The Way).

With exceptionally large mods, though (I tried only Static Mesh Improvement Mod and aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Armors before I gave up), I have problems.

The mod downloads just fine, but when I try to activate/install it so that it actually works in my game, NMM's mod activation queue lists its Status as Running and its Operation as Install for anywhere between a few seconds to a few minutes before the Status changes to "A problem occurred."

I'm wary of trying out new mods or uninstalling old ones in fear that I'll never be able to get them back.

I tried NMM's Settings, Download Options, Fix It! solution, but it didn't help at all. I have Windows 7 and fairly good PC specs.

Any workaround or solution would be great, and I can give more details if needed. Thanks!

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,078 posts

There should be the error description beside that "A problem occurred" I need that information, you'll have to write it down (currently there's a bug that doesn't copy it by pressing CTRL+C on the specific row, it'll be fixed in the upcoming patch)

CoffeeWithAGeek

CoffeeWithAGeek

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

"A problem occurred during install: The execution has failed due to the bug in the SevenZipSharp. Please report about it to http://sevenzipsharp...kItem/List.aspx, post the release number and attach the archive. The mod was not installed."

Sorry, didn't see this before. Sounds like a 7-Zip problem?

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,078 posts

How much RAM you got? Is it a 32 or 64bit system?

CoffeeWithAGeek

CoffeeWithAGeek

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

8 GB of RAM, 64-bit OS.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,078 posts

This is strange, run NMM, open TaskManager and look for the NMM process, check if it's run at 64 or 32 bit (it should be NexusClient*32 if run at 32).

Benmc20

Benmc20

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 901 posts

This is strange, run NMM, open TaskManager and look for the NMM process, check if it's run at 64 or 32 bit (it should be NexusClient*32 if run at 32).

I can have the same problem too. Even with not so large mods ...

Attached File  nmm_0-53-1-64b.png   52.36KB   14 downloads

My operating system is Windows 7 64b home Premium and my rig's specs are : Core i5 2400 @stock, AMD Radeon 6970 2 GB, 8 GB of RAM and two 500 GB HDD (not in raid). You can see that NMM runs on 64b mode.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,078 posts

We just released a new version, let us know if it fixes your issues: http://www.nexusmods...ods/modmanager/

CoffeeWithAGeek

CoffeeWithAGeek

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

The new NMM update didn't fix my problem. It "unpacked" one mod (aMidianBorn Book of Silence) until it got to around 25%, before failing, and another (SMIM) at around 10%, with the same error message.

NMM runs at 64-bit.

Edited by CoffeeWithAGeek, 18 January 2015 - 07:31 PM.

CoffeeWithAGeek

CoffeeWithAGeek

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Bump.

It seems a lot of people are having this same issue, but this thread is the only one that's really going anywhere. If a fix isn't available right now, it's cool. Just let me know. If possible, though, I'd like to find a workaround for myself and for anyone experiencing this problem. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: installation, install

Page loaded in: 0.807 seconds