installation install

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Shake4x

Shake4x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I had this problem on two computers. I was able to work around it by using 7zip to extract the files and then winrar to re zip them as a .rar. Then I put that file in the NMM mods folder. Restarted NMM and tried to activate. Worked first try. 

WOW. I spent hours and hours trying to figure out why I couldn't install NMCs texture pack - but uninstalling 7zip and making WinRAR the default opener for those kinds of files was what FINALLY allowed me to install them. How were you able to figure this out?? I was trying so many other weird, complicated fixes, I mean HOURS and HOURS of trying to other stuff to fix it

xxdarknikoxx

xxdarknikoxx

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Dint Dark Knight BDO v1.5 HDT Weapons female // A problem occurred during install:
The specified path or file number (or both) is too long. The full file name must be less than 260 characters and the file name must be less than 248.
The mod was not installed. // Install //

That's my problem, I don't know what to do, I change the file, folder and .7z names, but still doesn't work, I try to uncompress the .7z file and compress it again with a normal .rar format
Can anybody help me? Plz.

AlterationXC

AlterationXC

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

For me, it was completely Malware Bytes causing the issues. I too tried many different methods before completely uninstalling Malware Bytes and restarting my computer, but after doing so it would seem that the primary culprit was indeed anti-malware. Everything is installing fine for me now (after many weeks of frustration).

narigao

narigao

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello guys, im having the same problem and I tried to disable my anti-malware and still not working, but I don't know how to change the default from 7zip to winrar, can someone help me?

Mirtz123

Mirtz123

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello guys, im having the same problem and I tried to disable my anti-malware and still not working, but I don't know how to change the default from 7zip to winrar, can someone help me?

Try changing your Temporary folder location to a drive that has enough space (like double or triple the space of the size of the mod you're trying to install).

NkX7lNG.png

DragonsElite34

DragonsElite34

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello, first time looking for help for skyrim mods. I am having trouble installing Immersive Armor (Which is nearly a gig in size) and I get this message:

A Problem occurred during install:
The execution has failed due to the bug in the SevenZip Sharp.

Please report about it to http://sevenzipsharp...kItem/List.aspx. Post the release number and attach the archive.
The mod was not installed.

Is there a way to fix this?? Also I have everything related to this on a separate Hard-drive which is 1 Terabit hard drive.

Tuff00

Tuff00

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

When uninstalling Bytefence malware it fixed it for me

Edited by Tuff00, 30 October 2017 - 04:12 PM.

BunnyAng97

BunnyAng97

• Premium Member
  • 13 posts

3 years and it's still unsolved? I'm about to give up on Skyrim because of this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: installation, install

Page loaded in: 0.808 seconds